When will "acorn" release? - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: When will "acorn" release?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: When will "acorn" release?

Hi Marty,

Yes totally agree. I have the Acorn and the new Wireless XHC pendant. I ordered a 23" Acer touch screen which should be here tomorrow. I have installed the latest version of Beta software and have been wiring up differential drivers for my Panasonic Servos. I will be doing Beta testing on the pendant as well so we can compare notes. I've watched all your videos you have been doing a great job. I have three machines, one on Mach4/ESS, one on KFLOP/KmotionCNC, and one with Mach3 & Parallel port. This new control is being installed on the machine with the parallel port. Got a brand new HP desktop with an I5 process, 16GB ram, and the SSD. It works fine and seems very stable. I should have all the axis moving in a few more days. Building custom cables is time consuming but my amplifiers really like being driven with differential signals instead of single ended.

Russ

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by CNCMAN172 View Post
    Hi Marty,

Yes totally agree. I have the Acorn and the new Wireless XHC pendant. I ordered a 23" Acer touch screen which should be here tomorrow. I have installed the latest version of Beta software and have been wiring up differential drivers for my Panasonic Servos. I will be doing Beta testing on the pendant as well so we can compare notes. I've watched all your videos you have been doing a great job. I have three machines, one on Mach4/ESS, one on KFLOP/KmotionCNC, and one with Mach3 & Parallel port. This new control is being installed on the machine with the parallel port. Got a brand new HP desktop with an I5 process, 16GB ram, and the SSD. It works fine and seems very stable. I should have all the axis moving in a few more days. Building custom cables is time consuming but my amplifiers really like being driven with differential signals instead of single ended.

Russ
    Right on. Post pictures over on Centroid's Community forum Centroid Acorn CNC Controller - Centroid Community CNC Support Forum or heck even on the Zone!
    Maybe a video walk around too. Always enjoy seeing other's builds.
    I'm with you! The worst part of the control work is making up the cables!

I'm glad you found the videos useful. I do not monetize, I do it to hopefully help others and to try and give back for what I have picked up watching others on YouTube.

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

I am happy to announce that Acorn Lathe has been released and is in stock ready for shipment. buy yours here...
    Acorn CNC controller, Step and Direction 4 axis CNC Control board with ethernet communication.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Keith,
    I'm looking forward to seeing the PLC Logic App and Samples of the Files...

Anybody else do any work to Centroids PLS?

I realize some "default" or "basic" setups are usually already there.. I'm curious to see how much can be modified, and how much trouble it would be...
    Frankly, with some controllers, you almost have to reinvent the wheel.. while others make it relativelly easy.

Thanks everyone.

Downloads
    Uploads

<<<<I realize some "default" or "basic" setups are usually already there.. I'm curious to see how much can be modified, and how much trouble it would be...
    Frankly, with some controllers, you almost have to reinvent the wheel.. while others make it relativelly easy.>>>>>

Frank, sure thing.. i'll catch up to you next week with a post all about Centroid PLC modification and programming. (pretty much you can do anything you want its wide open)... this week was super busy with the release of Acorn Lathe! -cnckeith

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Frankmali17 View Post
    Hey Keith,
    Here is a little info about the machine I'm considering Rebuilding the controller on..

HSD 9KW ATC spindle.
    Delta VFD
    Yaskawa Servos and Motors... Sigma 7... The Y Gantry axis is dual drive obviously but both drives seem to be connected with one cable at SYNTEC that splits into two.
    Kinda a slave setup .. but different then in Mach3 or something.

I have 2 rows o 8 linear tool forks.. for a total of 16...
    I'm actually planning to expand to 26 to 32 tools...

I would like to setup a secondary z axis... probably with it's own servo motor...

I hove homing switches...etc...

I'm curious to see more about your PLC setup.
    SYNTEC uses a Ladder that can be modified with a software..

What other info would you like?
    I do have an MPG pendant...

What controller would you recommend.?
    Is this beyond ACORN?
    Curious minds want to know, what kind of machine is this? Picture?
    Like Keith mentioned, Centroid OAK sounds like it will do what you want:
    Centroid OAK Motion Controller

It sounds like an expensive machine. You could just hire Centroid's engineers to write the PLC for you unless you are comfortable with it.
    Somehow I don't think Acorn fits this application, I don't think it has the I/O. OAK may directly interface with your servo drives.

Show us a picture of the machine along with a description, it sounds interesting!
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

yep..the Cetnroid Oak CNC controller will directly interface in True closed loop digital communication with the Sigma 7's.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cnckeith View Post
    Acorn has PLC wizard with easy drop down boxes.. the wizard programs the PLC program for you. very cool. just pick what you want the output of input to do and save it.
    i'll post some screen shots or a video of this soon.

but if you want to you can hand edit/program the plc program. and yes it uses the same language as OAK and Allin1DC cnc control boards.
    you'd be alot happier with a centroid over hte syntec for sure!
    post some info about your machine....what axis motor and drives are you using? what kind of machine tool? etc..
    Frank would be happier with Centroid - if he started with it for sure and maybe still. He and I both have syntec (now - my last machine was centroid cnc7 at the end). I knew Frank asked about centroid in the syntec thread and I have nothing but good things to say about both the hardware and the network of installers like Keith and CNCNW that work with centroid.

Frank really seems hell bent on modifying his machine to add a ton of tools and seems to have other customization in mind that I know are not suited to a poorly documented (in english at least) Taiwanese controller.

I absolutely love the look of that Acorn board! I agree that it is not enough input/outputs to do a replacement of a syntec (as the syntec has 16/16 and I know mine is using about 13 outs and maybe 10-12 inputs). The oak board is what I would pick and its not an idle observation as we have another machine with an older syntec controller that I can see needing replacement sooner.

I hope to find a use for that Acorn board - I would be nice to use the centroid control software again. I still might too. I have an engraver project using Tinyg board and really, if this had been out earlier, I might have gone centroid for it just for the controller software. Anyhow, to anyone researching it, that Acorn board looks awesome. I wouldn't touch Mach 3 with a 10 foot pole (It seems like a kludge on top of a patch to me) and this looks so much easier and so much better. Not that I use a gecko 540 but that particular db25 feature looks so awesome to someone like me that struggles with neat enclosures.

Anyhow, just wanted to see the praises - my previous machine was great and it was built in 2000 with older tech. These have all the benefits of modern tech and the simplicity of a tried and tested user interface.

Last edited by gfacer2; 10-22-2017 at 03:02 AM.
    In case anyone is wondering, I'm the twin of the other gfacer on cnczone...

Downloads
    Uploads

Everything seems to be gone quiet on the Acorn. I would have expected to have seen more postings and videos on youtube. Except for Marty & Franco there is nothing and the latter seems to be a promoter.
    Their official youtube channel 'Centroid CNC Technical Support' has 'comments disabled' on their last 10 videos which is a 'put off' for most potential customers. Technical Support & No Comments are not compatible.

Irish Chippy Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9au5WqhB_BQUcEn-VCMHaw?

Downloads
    Uploads

Just pulled the trigger and ordered an acorn for my router. Any info or links on how to program the second spindle? Trying to do my planning while I wait for it to show up

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by StarApple View Post
    Everything seems to be gone quiet on the Acorn. I would have expected to have seen more postings and videos on youtube. Except for Marty & Franco there is nothing and the latter seems to be a promoter.
    Their official youtube channel 'Centroid CNC Technical Support' has 'comments disabled' on their last 10 videos which is a 'put off' for most potential customers. Technical Support & No Comments are not compatible.
    If you have any questions head over to the Centroid User forums and ask. Centroid support monitors the forums and has has been responsive. Centroidcncforum.com Are you considering Acorn? Or just curious?

I demo'd my Dyna DM2400 at our local metalworking club meeting yesterday. The guys were impressed several want to move forward and buy one, and several still wanna turn handwheels. :-)

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Most all the Acorn chatter is occurring on the Acorn cnc forum found here. Check it out lots of good questions and videos.
    http://centroidcncforum.com/viewforum.php?f=60&sid=9cdf8cd98ffe44027d67b0b074c 44717

All the centroid tech support videos along with other user videos are being posted on the Acorn forum where comments and questions are welcomed and encouraged. Comments on the centroid tech support YouTube Channel videos have been disabled cuz we're trying to encourage people to use the Acorn Forum to post questions so they will get a quick responsive answer as we don't often check the comments section of the YouTube videos.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Are you considering Acorn? Or just curious?
    Thank you for your reply, Marty. 'Considering' and 'curious' can sometimes mean the same thing. One can start off curious and then consider buying something. Also one can start off considering buying, and then become curious.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello.
    Most all the Acorn chatter is occurring on the Acorn cnc forum found here. Check it out lots of good questions and videos.
    Centroid Acorn CNC Controller - Centroid Community CNC Support Forum

All the centroid tech support videos along with other user videos are being posted on the Acorn forum where comments and questions are welcomed and encouraged. Comments on the centroid tech support YouTube Channel videos have been disabled cuz we're trying to encourage people to use the Acorn Forum to post questions so they will get a quick responsive answer as we don't often check the comments section of the YouTube videos.
    Thank you for your reply Keith. It is their youtube channel, and they can choose what they like to do with it. Having said that, disabling comments in youtube is seen by many as repressing negative comments or complaints. I think why bother putting it on youtube in the first place. This is just an observation.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by StarApple View Post
    Thank you for your reply Keith. It is their youtube channel, and they can choose what they like to do with it. Having said that, disabling comments in youtube is seen by many as repressing negative comments or complaints. I think why bother putting it on youtube in the first place. This is just an observation.
    Hey Everyone...
    I'm going to throw in my two cents here...
    While I understand that at first, one can question why comments may be disabled on YouTube videos... and perceive it as a negative, just realize, that a lot of companies do that.
    One reason is that you then have to keep up with multiple areas to respond to.

For example, having 3 email adresses, and tweet and facebook accounts can seem like a good way to spread your communication, I find the people end up making this a full time job to jump around and keep up with all those medias.

That is why I have one Email... and keep up just fine.

YouTube is a great way to make videos very affordable to share, as well as very accessible...
    Kinda like PDF documents can be used by just about anyone.

Checking Centroids forum, may be the best place to further discuss their products.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. i understand thanks for your insight. having to maintain and respond to comments and question from so many sources (two youtube channels, Facebook time line posts, Facebook private messages,CNCzone posts, cnczone private messages, regular email, phone calls..etc...etc..) begins to be overwhelming and stuff begins to fall thru the cracks which we don't want as we are committed to providing a Industrial quality CNC system at a DIY price with a great support community for user to get good answers fast... so, to do this we want to encourage everyone to post questions on the Acorn CNC support Forum which several of us monitor basically 24 hours a day 7 days a week. .. heck its Sunday night and i should be watching the Patriots game and here i am on CNCZone!;-)) Good Luck with your projects and looking forward to seeing CNC video and photos.

Last edited by cnckeith; 11-12-2017 at 09:39 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello. i understand thanks for your insight. having to maintain and respond to comments and question from so many sources (two youtube channels, Facebook time line posts, Facebook private messages,CNCzone posts, cnczone private messages, regular email, phone calls..etc...etc..) begins to be overwhelming and stuff begins to fall thru the cracks which we don't want as we are committed to providing a Industrial quality CNC system at a DIY price with a great support community for user to get good answers fast... so, to do this we want to encourage everyone to post questions on the Acorn CNC support Forum which several of us monitor basically 24 hours a day 7 days a week. .. heck its Sunday night and i should be watching the Patriots game and here i am on CNCZone!;-)) Good Luck with your projects and looking forward to seeing CNC video and photos.
    Thank you Keith. Will be a while before we have our cnc machine, but I hope to have the classes up and running in the first half of next year. I do have a video on my dust separator with thien baffle. I also have one on making a round window. Unpolished videos, intakes and outakes all together, and no music
    I have requested a donation of one board plus software for our charity, from Centroid, and am hoping for a favorable reply.
    It is Monday lunch time here and I have just made some templates for circular hardwood windows on my router table (my 25 year old Makita 3612BR). Of course this culminates in having to clean and oil the plunge bars and screws.
    "I don't care if Monday's blue, Tuesdays grey and Wednesday too"

Downloads
    Uploads

yeah.. no problem..there are several approaches to doing that..
    and for my first answer...i thought you meant how to hook them up!
    Can you elaborate a little more on this? I've been reading anything I can find on it and nothing touches on spindle or tool offsets in x or y axis. Is it something so super simple/obvious and not in the documentation? I've asked on the other forum and haven't got any responses yet.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Does it mention G54, G55, G56 etc...?

Lee

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LeeWay View Post
    Does it mention G54, G55, G56 etc...?
    I guess that could be one work around but would be a programming headache