Need Help! G00 faults out my servos

Thread: G00 faults out my servos

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Cool G00 faults out my servos

The G00 command faults my servos as soon as i start a program created in BobCad. Where do i lower the value for rapid movement so as not to cause the acceleration to over power the limits of my system, is my problem in DeskCnc or BobCad? I'm running DeskCNC, Gen 2 Controller, XP Pro, BobCad V.23, on a Sherline mill. I M Service has been of little to no help. I have 5 years and over 4 grand invested still no chips. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanx, Dan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by djtoolz View Post
    The G00 command faults my servos as soon as i start a program created in BobCad. Where do i lower the value for rapid movement so as not to cause the acceleration to over power the limits of my system, is my problem in DeskCnc or BobCad? I'm running DeskCNC, Gen 2 Controller, XP Pro, BobCad V.23, on a Sherline mill. I M Service has been of little to no help. I have 5 years and over 4 grand invested still no chips. Any Help is greatly appreciated. Thanx, Dan
    Hi Dan,
    The g-code is the g-code and can't override the max speed of your machine. That is done under motor tuning in Deskcnc.
    Under one of the tabs at the top of the screen is a sub-tab called setup, I think. There you set the acceleration profile and the max step rate. It is not too difficult to do and once you get the hang of t you can set up a new machine in an hour.
    If you have any more questions please ask.

Mike

Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll agree with you that its in the set up but, I'm running the numbers that Fred at IM Service gave me. and since there is no instruction or owners manual I'm leary to go changing anything when I'm not sure what the cause and effects are going to be. I thought I was buying a tested operational system as advertised. There I went thinking again. Is there not a standard setup for my motors on my machine, I wouldn't think it should be a different setup for every different machine with the same components.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'll agree with you that its in the set up but, I'm running the numbers that Fred at IM Service gave me. and since there is no instruction or owners manual I'm leary to go changing anything when I'm not sure what the cause and effects are going to be. I thought I was buying a tested operational system as advertised. There I went thinking again. Is there not a standard setup for my motors on my machine, I wouldn't think it should be a different setup for every different machine with the same components.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no standard between different machines using the same motors and drives.
    It is not necessarily your rapid traverse rate, (G00), but the acceleration.
    The motors and any reduction should be designed around the desired acceleration this depends on the inertia of the load.
    As has been previously mentioned, you most likely will have to adjust both accel and max rapids.
    Al.

CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.