Name of club - Page 3

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Name of club

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Canadian source list & agreements

The biggest of which is a certain courier that is gouging us on fees to the point it likely gives them a competitive edge in getting the accounts down there. I doubt that most US suppliers realize just how much business and goodwill they actually lose because of this courier in particular.

I agree about the supplier list by the way. Maybe if there were enough of us who decide to do more than just "lurk" we could even work towards forming a buying group where we could get industrial/commercial discounts from certain suppliers and an alternative courier?

Hopefully, this thread will get some response beyond "I agree."

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi CSRC,
    Should you maybe post this as a new thread to get people used to looking beyond this thread only?

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by gerryv View Post
    The biggest of which is a certain courier that is gouging us on fees ."
    are you refering to UPS skinkin bunch of gougers

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

You sure got that right! From personal experience, it sure does NOT stand for UPStanding! .

Unfortunately, the only ones that can fix it are the US suppliers and it seems that a lot of them don't figure they need to do anything to keep the Canadian market but I'm finding that I'm now getting some good choices out of the EU. Too bad really, you'd think it would be a no-brainer.

Downloads
    Uploads

Use USPS whenever possible.Think UPS is bad?Try FedX.4times the cost.UPS is charging brokerage fees of $50.Brokerage fees are the same no matter the value of the shipment,weather one dollar or ten thousand dollars.UPS is also collecting GST for the government of Canada.
    If you use USPS sometimes the parcel shows up at your door,no extra charges.If not,you will pay the GST and about$8 handling charges.
    Larry

L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello all, I'm out in the Halton, Ontario area.
    Industrial Millwright/controlls tech. by day, father/husband and then cnc hobbiest by night..... Currently building a small cnc, only taking 2 years so far.... : D

Industrial automation ????
    www.challengermechtech.ca

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Montreal QC here, methods and process engineering tech. back to school in intensive CAD/CAM training.

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Brunog,
    We meet again.
    Larry

L GALILEO THE EPOXY SURFACE PLATE IS FLAT

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Larry,
    It's a small world isn't it!

Best regards,
    Bruno

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can go outside at anytime of the day or night without worring about freezing to death.
    Canada, lol

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can go outside at anytime of the day or night without worring about freezing to death.
    Canada, lol

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by MASTERCAMMASTER View Post
    Canada, lol
    That may be true, but I'm not worrying about sliding into the ocean when the ground splits under my feet!

Merry Christmas

Don

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Supplier List

I agree with the USPS comment being the best way. Perhaps the moderator can suggest how best to post so that the suppliers will respond and identify themselves and also how best to create a reference.

Downloads
    Uploads

Canada, lol

I can go outside at anytime of the day or night without worring about being shot to death

Downloads
    Uploads

LOL. This might become my favorite thread ever. Or at least until the moderators step in.

Canadian Cub is a fine name btw.

Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi all, Calgary, Alberta here. I am new to the machining world so no expertise to offer, unless you need your car/truck fixed then I'm your man.

Liking the name and glad the Americans are looking in.

Mike

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

jamesl here Port Colborne, On.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default courrier

I agree UPS is terrible ,the only reasonable way is the post office I have ordered through them takes a long time but you're treated with reasonable costs.
    But all this might change the cnc interest and purchase is rapidly changing and i think you will find supplies available soon.
    I was going to buy my machine in the USA (shopbot )then a dealer matched there machinery and I bought here in canada

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

What does BC stand for? Butt Cold?

Downloads
    Uploads

What does BC stand for? Butt Cold?

well bubble boy

when i saw you posting again , i thought how childish .then i remembered children come on here as well ,i couldn t imagine an adult could be so stupid or ignorant ,so it must be a kid .
    i'm sorry lil fella ,i'm not saying your stupid or ignorant ,i just think you were never taught proper manners ,if you don t understand what that means then maybe you should ask your mommy when she gets home in the morning from the bar .
    i see your user name is mastercam master , obviously you would like to be a machinist when you grow up . pay attention in school and study up on your math , speaking of school you may want to ask your mommy to put you in a better school because it's quite clear the school your in is failing on you .

don t worry lil guy i'm sure that you will be well on your way to being a good machinist when you grow up and venture from home to find another trailer park to call home ,and don t worry about what the old guys have to say around the trailer park because i'm sure you will be a man before your mother reguardless of what anyone says

post within the forums if you ever have a question in reguards to machining ,
    i'm sure there would be a lot of people willing to help fill that empty little head of yours

PS it's ok to play with girls but just don t allow them to play dress up with you and dress you in girls cloths ,
    also don t shove pennies up your nose

A poet knows no boundary yet he is bound to the boundaries of ones own mind !! ........

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast