North America buying first cnc need help

Thread: buying first cnc need help

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question buying first cnc need help

Hello i am new to the cnc seen. I live in canada and am looking at buying a shopbot desktop or a professor hdx. I am going to be using it for my small business to build signs. I was woundering witch one you all would choose.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Dayhawk56 View Post
    Hello i am new to the cnc seen. I live in canada and am looking at buying a shopbot desktop or a professor hdx. I am going to be using it for my small business to build signs. I was woundering witch one you all would choose.
    Be very careful in Canada you need CSA certification can cost you thousands trust me been down that road.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: buying first cnc need help

I have a Shopbot router (not a desktop model, though) and it's a pretty good machine. I know you can get them with CE kits for extra money; not sure about CSA, but you could ask them about that. I hadn't heard about the Professor HDX Professor HDX - CWI Woodworking Technologies before, but since it's a Canadian company that certification shouldn't be an issue. Just looking at the specs, it sounds a bit better-built than the Shopbot Desktop ShopBot Desktop , with a cast-iron base and THK linear guide ways (although it looks like that's only on the X axis), plus it's a little less money (comparing to the Desktop with the spindle, not the Porter-cable router) , especially when you add shipping. But you need 220v power to plug it in.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]