At one time, many yrs ago, it was fairly easy to find an electric motor made right here in Canada. In this day and age, is this still possible???

This is so depressing. I have 11 months left to have a working/running machine and have had very little luck finding some of the major components.

The AC motor I'm looking for can easily be found overseas, but the whole point of my builds is avoiding having to depend on and purchase anything from over there in the first place.

What I'm looking for is a 3.7/2.2kw, 8000 rpm AC spindle motor. I know Yaskawa has the infamous UAASKA series and it certainly fits the bill, but surely there must be another option, one made locally??? I know Danaher in the USA has a good motor and Parker also, but they are way overpriced for what they are.

Same with motion controllers. I'm basically having to depend on Siemens(cheapest/most reliable) for the controller. Nothing available made in Canada, with the exception of PMIC(Polar Motion Industrial Controls(made in B.C.)). Excellent product, but they weren't interested in my low production numbers and would rather stay in the extreme accuracy market(LASERs/Scientific/Lab).

Maybe this is just a new reality.

P.S. Quoted price for the Yaskawa was over $2200 US. That didn't included the drive.

What do you guys think of all this?