Routech Record 240 start up problems

Thread: Routech Record 240 start up problems

Default Routech Record 240 start up problems

Hello all and greeting from Nova Scotia!
    I am new to this forum AND to CNC in general...so please bear with me...
    My friend has purchased a used Routech Record 240. We have power (430VAC 3phase) and compressed air lines connected holding about 100psi. Both vacuums can be powered up and appear to function properly.

So now the problem....
    With power on and PC booted up, when the START (13SB1) is pressed, its corresponding contractor (C9KMM) comes in and latches but there is no LEDs on the hand controller and the mains relay (121KMO) doesn't come on either.
    The MANUAL key switch on the hand control does change the manual contractor (30KA5) but nothing else happens...I was expecting INVERTER ENABLE (21KMO, 22KMO) to engage but they don't.
    The air pressure doubler has issues so we disconnected its input air hose and closed it off until we can get to repairing it...

I get the feeling that we have missed an E-STOP somewhere but would there be anything else which would keep the mains from coming online or only the emergency stops?
    Does anyone here have a good troubleshooting knowledge of this machine and if so could you possibly assist and guide me as to the functions which inhibit power on sequence?

Greatly appreciated!
    Duane
    Truro, NS
    ddiamond@bellaliant.net

Similar Threads:

Default Re: Routech Record 240 start up problems

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianDiamond View Post
    Hello all and greeting from Nova Scotia!
    I am new to this forum AND to CNC in general...so please bear with me...
    My friend has purchased a used Routech Record 240. We have power (430VAC 3phase) and compressed air lines connected holding about 100psi. Both vacuums can be powered up and appear to function properly.
    Does anyone here have a good troubleshooting knowledge of this machine and if so could you possibly assist and guide me as to the functions which inhibit power on sequence?
    Hello everyone;

Maybe I shoud have been a little more specific..
    His computer is Windows 98 wth a NUM1040 PLC controller:
    He has tried a procedure where he uploaded software from PC to PLC but still no communicaions that I can see
    We hae gone thru the safety circuit and I think we have everything good to go...

Any chance of some direction as to enabling communications between PC and PLC? Maybe someone has a backup file we could use?

Thanks again for the assistance!
    Duane