Annoying Part Changed Warning

Thread: Annoying Part Changed Warning

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry Annoying Part Changed Warning

I am getting rather frustrated with the constant reminder (warning) from Camworks that tells me the "Part has changed" even tho quite often it has not!
    The message then goes on to ask if I want to Rebuild and Save changes or Preserve the last rebuilt data.
    I find that after sorting out and deleting unwanted "features" that if I select Yes to Rebuild, Camworks will then re-instate the deleted features/operations.
    Anyone know how to turn off this warning? or to prevent Camworks from re-inserting operations that have already been removed?
    Oh and I am running in the dark ages with Camworks 2003 SP4 (don't even ask why the company will not get the upgrades! Too long a grumble session required)
    Thanks
    Brian.

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Brian,

Sorry, I can't remember that far back :-)

What I can remember...

If there's an option to regen instead of rebuild, use the regen instead.
    It should only update what your current cutter paths and tool selections without getting new info from the database. I think there is a checkbox to click that says don't ask again this session, it may work...or not.

2003...wow...not buggy? I remember versions before 2006EX use to crash just by right clicking too quickly in the operations tree. Then other times you would click a feature and it would freeze the system for a while...come back and crash. The only work the software was getting done was sending error reports.

pix

Some of my best finds were in the trash....

Downloads
    Uploads

Nope, no such option seems to be available in the this old version
    Oh well... Thanks anyway!
    As for it being buggy... well it does not seem to bad, I do get bucket loads of mystery crashes both from Solidworks (2003 SP5 also) and as Murphy is alive and well, it always picks the time when you have not saved for awhile to crash!
    I think the system must have a "Time since last Save" timer and when it gets up a bit it sends a message out to screw up! Never seems to go down when I remember to save often.
    Currently trying to crawl across the broken glass field of pleading to get both Solidworks and the Cam software updated... will beleive it when I see the software on my desk.
    In the mean time, we just push on anyway.
    Cheers
    Brian.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Brian,

Good Luck. Now that you said, I do remember saving everytime I made a change. I still do that, my coworker asked me why, while I was showing him Camworks and I said it's an old habit.

Scott

I remembered: Before 2006, most of the crashes were caused by the video card drivers. I was using a ATI Fire GL and the driver on the soldworks web page was less buggy than the one Dell supplied at the time. After switching it for an Nvidia card, all those crashes went away.

Last edited by pixburghenat; 03-28-2008 at 12:42 AM. Reason: I remembered something....
    Some of my best finds were in the trash....

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry this is so late. I just saw this post. I have the same problem. I sort of solve it by turning off the "Extract Machinable Features" (Holes, Non-Holes, Boss, etc...) in the CamWorks options. I do this after I first run Extract Machinable features when I get the model. While it doesn't stop the annoying warning that the part has changed and it still turns some of my tool paths pink, at least it doesn't add any new ones or reinsert old ones. Not a full fix but it cuts down the annoyance quite a bit. BTW, I'm running 2007 SP4.4

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, I will give this a try.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Annoying Part Changed Warning

you just have to go to Camworks---> Options. then in Update tab just remove the check mark from "prompt to rebuild on file open" & "Prompt to rebuild on Camworks tree selection and file save"