Newbie Camworks - feed/speed

Thread: Camworks - feed/speed

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camworks - feed/speed

Costly Learning Curve.

I managed to get my G-code (mostly) out of camworks to Mach3 and to my hobby mill and I am sure i put all the details for the machine in accurately. However, everything appeared to be going well until my Spindle motor cooked it self - so a replacement -upgrade is needed.....Sigh

anyway given I am not on a production line - speed is not a primary concern (custom on 1 off etc..) - so how do I get camworks globally to reduce feed speeds and cut depths - (e.g by a percentage?)

any help may save me a lot of frustration

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Camworks - feed/speed

You can semi-globally adjust feeds and speeds by going to the TechDB - Feeds/Speeds - Feed/Speed Editor, go to the feeds & speeds tab, go through the drop downs selecting material, operation, machine class, tool material then use the quick change to adjust everything listed. Otherwise you can change each box individually.

There isn't a global change for depth but you can go into the TechDB - Mill - Features & Operations - Features & Operations, select the feature type (i.e. rectangular pocket) highlight the definition you want (blind rough, main spindle) below the list in the Operations for Matching Conditions there is a little button that looks kind of like a house to the right of Rough Mill, select that and a window opens with default parameters you can change. Depth Parameters is in the lower right corner with percentage amounts for first cut and max depth.

I am new to CAMWorks as well so there may be better ways.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BJ-NH View Post
    You can semi-globally adjust feeds and speeds by going to the TechDB - Feeds/Speeds - Feed/Speed Editor, go to the feeds & speeds tab, go through the drop downs selecting material, operation, machine class, tool material then use the quick change to adjust everything listed. Otherwise you can change each box individually.

There isn't a global change for depth but you can go into the TechDB - Mill - Features & Operations - Features & Operations, select the feature type (i.e. rectangular pocket) highlight the definition you want (blind rough, main spindle) below the list in the Operations for Matching Conditions there is a little button that looks kind of like a house to the right of Rough Mill, select that and a window opens with default parameters you can change. Depth Parameters is in the lower right corner with percentage amounts for first cut and max depth.

I am new to CAMWorks as well so there may be better ways.

Hi and Thanjs,

I am guessing I can disable tool offset in post processor or somewhere. My ultimate aim is to have usable G-code transfer to Mach 3.