Camworks

Thread: Camworks

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camworks

Can someone give me opinions/reviews or the current Camworks release?

I'm starting up a shop, and am looking for a CAM solution that has great easy to use modelling capability as we will be supplementing the machine shop with motocycle parts.

Most of our potential customers are swx users.

Can ne 1 help me out here please?

Ciao

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation Come on help out the neu bee!!!

Has anyone got any familiarity with CAMworks?

Help me out here. Puhleezz!!!

I'm not new to CAD/CAM.

I'm just looking for a package that runs with industry standard CAD software. I'll be running a job shop, but we'll be developing some of our own products as well, to keep us going through the slow times, not that there will be any soon

I've got my space picked out machine lined up, just basically want some constructive feedback regarding this particular software.

Any solidcam users out there? Did you compare it with CAMworks? what made you decide to go with one over the other?

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am trying to decide on camworks or solidcam I am a tecksoft procam users I used it for punching milling and lathe but I am having trouble getting post for my machines and help with my fourth axis rotary table programming. Teksoft procam will not support my new Trump punch and laser. Access manufacturing systems who is writing my post tells me that I can use my procam post in camworks but if they can’t get it to work in procam the way I want why should I upgrade. I went to the eastec show in May and I talked to a lot of people most of them liked solidcam I just loaded a solidcam trial version need time to try It out. Then I need to send them my files to post out and check out the g code to make sure that they have working post for my machines. Before I spend 9,000 to 12,000 $$ they say this comes with a copy of solidworks but it’s not a full copy. I also need to get a trial version of camworks and do the same. If get more time I would like to try ezycam and featurecam and onecnc. I know they are not gold partners of solidworks. But they are less money. I will be going to the northeast 2006 solidworks user group meeting in foxwoods Aug 10 then I will look into this some more but now I would be happy to get my procam post problems work out.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by BUD B
    I am trying to decide on camworks or solidcam I am a tecksoft procam users I used it for punching milling and lathe but I am having trouble getting post for my machines and help with my fourth axis rotary table programming. Teksoft procam will not support my new Trump punch and laser. Access manufacturing systems who is writing my post tells me that I can use my procam post in camworks but if they can’t get it to work in procam the way I want why should I upgrade. I went to the eastec show in May and I talked to a lot of people most of them liked solidcam I just loaded a solidcam trial version need time to try It out. Then I need to send them my files to post out and check out the g code to make sure that they have working post for my machines. Before I spend 9,000 to 12,000 $$ they say this comes with a copy of solidworks but it’s not a full copy. I also need to get a trial version of camworks and do the same. If get more time I would like to try ezycam and featurecam and onecnc. I know they are not gold partners of solidworks. But they are less money. I will be going to the northeast 2006 solidworks user group meeting in foxwoods Aug 10 then I will look into this some more but now I would be happy to get my procam post problems work out.
    BUD I CURRANTLY HAVE CAMWORKS WITH A 4 AXIS HAAS POST. WE ALSO DEAL WITH ACCESS MANUF. IT IS A LITTLE HARD TO GET ANSWERS FROM THEM AT TIMES. BUT CAMWORKS IS A GREAT PROGRAM BUT IT DOES TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO. I HAVE ALSO USED PROCAM AND CAMWORKS IS WAYYYYYY BETTER. BUT IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN IT.ANYTHING GOOD DOES. THE VERSION OF SOLIDWORKS YOU GET IT VERY COMPLETE YOU CAN DRAW ANYTHING YOU NEED TO IN IT. YOU DONT GET SOME OF THE MORE SPECIALIZED THINGS LIKE THE AUTO DIMENTIONING FOR MAKING PRINTS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR HELP LALMEIDA617@VERIZON.NET

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am not happy with my procam there are a lot of bugs they told me there is a bug In the cplanes. When I use it with my rotary table fourth axis the x axis is in the wrong direction they had someone on line on my computer show me a work around. Also I found some problems with There exercise. Also the lathe will not switch to radius it is stuck in diameter I tried to switch it back but no change. They have fixed my mill post but it still doesn’t work well with the fourth axis. I just was at the north east solidworks User group meeting where I spoke with Dave and Scott from access I took a look at Camworks they want for a 2.5 axis system 4,000 dollars 7,000 for a 4 axis system and 10,000 for a true 4 axis system .I have been using there system since 1987 only for punching they still could not get my old trump 240 punch working then we spent more Money on an up date and a new post for our new trump 2020r punch Mike at teksoft Could not get it to work. Now they have a new system for punching called fabworks I am going to give them a call to see what they can do If they can’t get this procam system working after all years of up dates. Then they better make me a better deal. I would like to still use my old procam as a second seat. I am going to call teksoft an see What they have to say. Master cam was also there they have better prices also they said they have a post for my new 2030 trump laser this I would like to see procam will not work with this machine. I already have a seat of solid works I don’t need another. master cam has a art program camworks dosent. How does camworks handle art work

Last edited by BUD B; 08-13-2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by LALMEIDA617 View Post
    BUD I CURRANTLY HAVE CAMWORKS WITH A 4 AXIS HAAS POST. WE ALSO DEAL WITH ACCESS MANUF. IT IS A LITTLE HARD TO GET ANSWERS FROM THEM AT TIMES. BUT CAMWORKS IS A GREAT PROGRAM BUT IT DOES TAKE SOME GETTING USED TO. I HAVE ALSO USED PROCAM AND CAMWORKS IS WAYYYYYY BETTER. BUT IT TAKES TIME TO LEARN IT.ANYTHING GOOD DOES. THE VERSION OF SOLIDWORKS YOU GET IT VERY COMPLETE YOU CAN DRAW ANYTHING YOU NEED TO IN IT. YOU DONT GET SOME OF THE MORE SPECIALIZED THINGS LIKE THE AUTO DIMENTIONING FOR MAKING PRINTS. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR HELP LALMEIDA617@VERIZON.NET
    Hello there, I was surfing the net trying to find any forum related to CamWorks, so far I found some posts from you @ cnczone.com

We are located in Miami, Florida and we are CamWorks users. We got the software from Access Mfg, 2 seats, 1 for 4th axis.

So far I do not have any complain with the 2d and 2.5 d machining, but recently we got the 4th axis Haas and so far I have not been able to machine any good part.

Looks like you have been successful in using your 4th axis with CamWorks, if this is the case, can you let me know what post are you using?????

I will really appreciate any help; I’m getting frustrated trying to use the 4th axis without success.

Thank you in advance.

Jorge P.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Camworks

My company purchased CAMWorks recently and I have been using it for several months now. So far, it's a mixed bag. The automatic feature recognition capability seems to work well, but the machining strategies that are automatically applied to these features are laughable. The CAMWorks software we received failed utterly out of the box. It wouldn't even generate usable cam for its own tutorial parts. That being said, after the user digs into the Technology Database and sets up reasonable machining strategies and tool-selection strategies, then some of the time-saving benefits of the software start to be seen. The software is complex to set up, and the documentation is poor, and the front-line technicians at our reseller are frustratingly ignorant, yet the software does deliver substantial time-savings after considerable time and effort is invested to customize it. And I think the feature-based machining is the direction to go, whatever software you choose.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hate camworks. HSMWorks is way way way easier. Camworks offers more control and maybe better 4th. But for 99% of things I have done, hsm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I will really appreciate any help; I’m getting frustrated trying to use the 4th axis without success.

Downloads
    Uploads

Can you be more specific? I use the 4th axis frequently.