cant cut more then 480ipm

Thread: cant cut more then 480ipm

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question cant cut more then 480ipm

im running a waterjet with camsoft 15.1, as3000, smartpath etc.
    it seems the head doesn't know when to slow down so when it needs to turn or make any angle or arc, it bangs and vibrates like crazy, so my arcs are riged sometimes looking like small shark teeth. im pretty sure its just a setting in smartpath but am not sure which, but i should be able to run at least 3000 ipm and get quality cuts.it still doesnt cut good at 480ipm but i've found its a good medium but i can only do it so long, jobs that couldtake less than 2mins take at least 30
    also when im cutting a circle it will start cutting very fast for about the first .25" or .50" then slow down to
    feedrate i set.
    im pretty sure its just a setting in smartpath but am not sure which, and my big machine is down so i cant really
    play with this one too much or i will have none

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cant cut more then 480ipm-jet-pics-005-jpg   cant cut more then 480ipm-jet-pics-012-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Have your played with these three parameters in CNC Setup?

SLOWDOWN

this setting tells the computer to use a percentage of the current feedrate to slow down to when it travels within the NEXTMOVE distance on the current move. This value should be adjusted higher on machines designed to cut at higher speeds.

EXAMPLE:

SLOWDOWN 100

NOTES: Range must be 2-100 as anything lower than 2% would stop the table and anything higher than 100% would actually speed the feedrate up.

For additional information, please use the "Q&A Info" button on the main menu to do a keyword search on SLOWDOWN

BLEND

This setting sets the time (in milliseconds) for which the motion control board uses to issue the next position. A positive value will cause the control to pause between moves where a negative number will get the control ready for the next move prior to completing the current move. A zero value will cause the control to complete the current move then immediately start on the next movement. In most cases, a zero value will cause a slight pause because of the inertia of the machine tool. In all cases the current move will be completed before the next move starts.

EXAMPLE:

BLEND -100

NOTES: a negative value for BLEND does not cause the control to "round" the end of the current move to the next. It simply coordinates the G code display and graphics to the machine.

For additional information, please use the "Q&A Info" button on the main menu to do a keyword search on BLEND

NEXTMOVE

This setting tells the machine tool control software at what distance from the target position to apply the feedrate SLOWDOWN percentage. Only applies to the distance to end of the move if SLOWDOWN is less than 100%. If SLOWDOWN=100, then NEXTMOVE will be ignored.

EXAMPLE:

NEXTMOVE .75

NOTE: For additional information, please use the "Q&A Info" button on the main menu to do a keyword search on NEXTMOVE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

yes, thats why i thought it was in smartpath, or maybe even one my files, .cbk .fil etc but not sure which, and like i said i cant "play" with it too much becuse i cannot be 100% out of production

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

prolly doesn't matter but heres the 2 arcs i have the most trouble with (DWG)

Attached Files Attached Files