Reloading Camsoft Software

Thread: Reloading Camsoft Software

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Reloading Camsoft Software

After receiving an error message, I tried reloading the software but then received the following messages upon bootup.
    When I first boot up and go to AS3000 I get "Your protection key is not setup to match the version ID"
    When I try the CNC section I get "Enter controller password"
    My original installer, Technicutt, has evidently gone out of business and can no longer offer the original setup files. How can I get back into the program?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    palmerjv

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

palmerjv,

There are several things that can be done, but first you'll have to contact the front office here and provide them with your company name, product name, version number and serial number if you know it.

Each Version.ID file matches up with a particular executable and serial number, hence each one is unique and must either located or replaced. The password can be reset pretty easy if you don't know it, by simply restoring the Default.CBK file. The side effect is to doing this however, also resets all your parameters.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    support@camsoftcorp.com
    www.cnccontrols.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default One more step

Thanks for the help. I did contact the office and could not get past the secretary. She did fax down the first three pages of the manual which did explain how to get past and reset the password - and it worked!! (by the way a very nice lady) Now all I am fighting is the message "Your protection key is not setup to match the version ID".
    Any help would certianly be appreciated.
    Regards,
    palmerjv

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by HillBilly
    CamSoft,

I was surprised you could not generate the proper Version.ID for CNC Pro version 15.8, scince the one included with the CD did not match the dongle.
    (If this is the case with any present users I recomend you back it up now!)

I did have it and got my customer back up and running with it but this brings up questions about these securities and users no longer covered under maintenance.

1. If a present user loses his Version.ID what are thier options?

2. If a present user's dongle key becomes inoperative what then?

3. What if a hard drive crashes and a software key was installed?

These answers should be important to all users of this product.

HillBilly
    You probably did not read this post. If you can't get the original version ID you will more than likely have to renew. If someone has merly passworded you out, the password can be found in the DESIGN.INI file (Do a search for password.) in the INI subfolder under the AS3000 folder.

I also think the employees are nice at CamSoft. (Believe it or not.)

Darek

Last edited by HillBilly; 04-20-2005 at 06:30 AM. Reason: change file to folder

Downloads
    Uploads

CamSoft customers are backed by a live support staff and we perhaps offer the best and most complete technical support in the business. So if a user does not have any issues with their dealer/installer or have any outstanding invoices owed then any of the topics listed are covered under maintenance, free of change.

We routinely provide daily direct service at these offices approaching almost 8,000 systems to date and our dealers/installers are also supporting their end users providing local on-site service.

We agree that a backup from time to time would be a good idea.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    (951) 674-8100
    support@camsoftcorp.com
    www.cnccontrols.com

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is there another forum on the internet that contains Camsoft information besides this one?
    This is a good place to get info, I am just wondering if there are others.

Murphy

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

does camsoft provide discs if i did not receive them with my machine?
    i had a machine being built by technicut before they closed down then the guy that bought it (i guess) finished it (screwing me in the process) so he is no help to me as he will not even give me the password for diagnostics so if my pc crashes im done.
    and i've also contacted camsoft thru my troubles, seems my warr. expired 4mos. before the the machine hit the floor, so if a warrenty would provide replacment disks i cannot even do that but i have all that other info.. company name, product name, version number and serial number

Gold Member
    Downloads
    Uploads

The main thing you need a backup copy of is the VERSION.ID file located in the AS3000 folder. Someone with the same package could make you a copy of the CD but it would be worthless without the VERSION.ID that matches your dongle key.

You can also find the password that has you locked out as I mentioned in a previous post.

DO NOT WAIT MAKE A COPY OF THE VERSION.ID FILE IN THE AS3000 FOLDER!

Darek

Downloads
    Uploads

Dear Boomer187um,

Since the software is currently in your hands you should contact the front office here at 951-674-8100 or frontoffice@camsoftcorp.com and ask to join maintenance, providing your serial number, company name and address and we can transfer the license into your name legitimately. The version you're using now, 15.1 was released in December of 2003 so by opting to do so you would be extending your warranty for a fraction of the cost and receive a new installation CD (disc) of the latest version, new printed manuals and free technical support and updates for one year will be provided which would also make your company the current license holder in our database. We can help you with SmartPath and if you can at least view the settings and files in CNCSETUP, we can copy this information into the new version of CNC Professional's CNC SETUP and reset your password. If you can not view any of the settings or files then we can't even unlock the password protected files, but at least we can make a CBK file backup and restore this into a non-password protected CNC SETUP version of the current software.

Be careful in passing copy written files through CNC Zone or off line. There are a few companies that provide files, licenses and routines for the CamSoft system. Not even CamSoft can provide files without remitting royalties. It would be illegal to provide the V15.1 CD. Copying or using copy written material is a serious matter these days and not something you want to do casually.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    951-674-8100
    support@camsoftcorp.com