Problem Camsoft

Thread: Camsoft

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camsoft

I have been getting an error that says "There is a major problem with recursive logic or automatic error trapping calling the estop.fil. It is causing a cascade of looping errors"

I have disabled all of the logic files that deal with estop and I still get this message.
    Where could this be coming from?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Estop is activated by one or more of your inputs. Now whether or not you have anything written in your estop.fil does not really make any difference, the Estop condition will still occur, and the control will check to see if there is something it should do, in the Estop.fil. However, the input will still have to be cleared by the releasing of a switch or something.

Possibly you could have Estop triggered by flags set in certain variables, too. You might go through and check where every variable is being used, to make sure that you've not accidentally used the same one for two different things. I think you do this by doing a variable search, and Camsoft goes through your files and shows you a bit of logic with that variable involved, so you can look at it and begin to figure out if you've gotten an ambiguous callout.

Another way is to backtrack to a previous version of your cbk where you did not have this problem. Restore it and begin from there. I hope you do not continually overwrite your cbk file. You should keep a series going, and save your work to a new cbk whenever you have done a lot of programming.

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a feature called logfile in camsoft. Open diagnostics before the error occurs, then save your logfile as soon as you get the error. This file contains every command that has been run sence the last CYCLESTART. It can be huge, but you should be able to see what logic is running over and over again (recursive)

Another trick i use is a ton of MESSAGE commands in my code with a flag that can be turned on. Makes tracing logic issues so much easier. To do this put a user button on your screen to run an Mcode. The mcode it calls just says \141=1. Then put lines like this all over your macros, inputio, and other files:
    IF \141=1 THEN MESSAGE ...Start of Inputio

I have over 100 such lines all over my .CBK If you find reading the logfile too difficult, you'll see a ton of MESSAGE commands scroll by from the area that got the endless loop.

Karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am familiar with the logfile and it says when motion stops
    "interrupted got to blah,blah a dimension"
    then under that it says "stopped (3)" or sometimes "stopped (7)"
    We talked with an engineer at Galil and he said that if the 5 volts to the limit switches was dropping below a set voltage it would reset the motion card which in this case is the problem, some of the voltages I read were as low as 3.7 volts and I could see in diagnostics that the state was switching from on or off without a switch being activated. So we are going to send in the card to be looked at.
    Once again thanks so much Karl and Huflung, you guys are gods!!!

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by johnwaa View Post
    ... some of the voltages I read were as low as 3.7 volts and I could see in diagnostics that the state was switching from on or off without a switch being activated. So we are going to send in the card to be looked at.

Maybe you can improve on your limit switch wiring and power. There are opto isolator for the limit switshes on the galil card. its best to power the limit switches with an outside power supply and use this feature. Note there are couple jumpers to remove on the galil card.

Karl