Need Help! Camsoft / Galil

Thread: Camsoft / Galil

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Camsoft / Galil

When I run a program in Camsoft the program will stop because my amp enable "#21" state changes from 0 to 1 and the 1 to 0 on its own, is this the Galil card itself shutting down and then back on again halting my program?
    In my logfile motion stops after it says #21=0 servo on then a couple of lines later it will say #21=1 servo on

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I thought i remembered a similar query. So, I checked and i see this is the third time you've had issues with flakey I/O.

Your problem is wiring. too hard to say any specifics over the internet. You'll never have a reliable control until these issues are corrected.

Karl

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if I should reinstall my camsoft and galil software because my camsoft software takes a long time to respond to normal actions sometimes and then just locks up and I have to end the program just to exit. I also have a camsoft pendant and it also takes a long time to respond most of the time. What seems strange is if I had problems with wiring then why would all of my inputs and outputs when in diagnostics mode operate correctly. To help narrow the search I turned off all of my limit, inputio, startup.fil etc. and turned on diagnostics and tried my homing program and when it stop exited camsoft and looked at the logfile and have noticed motion stopped after seeing that the state of #21 changed and then changed again. I will look at the wiring and see if we are having problems there and then move on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Sounds like you may have multiple issues driving you nuts, short trip for me

Start dividing the problem in two, is it hardware or software? Tie that input to + voltage, does it still happen? try again tied to ground.

I'd go nuclear with that computer: Reformat, install OS (I think Win XP SP1 is best NO virus NO internet), install only Camsoft. Use a new .cbk, not your old one. problems go away?

Karl