Need Help! Sure Servo

Thread: Sure Servo

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Sure Servo

I want to up grade the servo motors and drives on the X axis gantry, master and slave. Yaskawa has an auto tune Sigma 5, I was reading the manual on sure servo and they have adaptive auto tune PI mode with resonance suppression. as I understand this is like the Yaskawa auto tune mode. and it will adjust for rapid plasma cut moves or slow oxy fuel cutting.
    With an auto tune drive, How do you set up the PID settings in Cam Soft to utilize the maximum stability of the servo auto tune feature?

I now have DC motors with 11 inch lbs torque, the gantry weighs about 6,000 lbs and when having to stop in the X axis to make a square cut any speed over 35 inches per minute will overshoot the position and fault out the control. I would like to cut at least 100 IPM on thin metal with a plasma torch. How do you convert DC inch lbs to AC servo KW , so that I get large enough AC servo motors?
    Thank You
    Farmers Machine

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sure Servo

Hey Farmer,

Don't have an answer for you. That sounds like a pretty demanding need. For this one, I'd suggest you go right to the motion control board people Galil Motion Control They have an online forum for questions right on their website.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Sure Servo

Quote Originally Posted by Farmers Machine View Post
    I want to up grade the servo motors and drives on the X axis gantry, master and slave. Yaskawa has an auto tune Sigma 5, I was reading the manual on sure servo and they have adaptive auto tune PI mode with resonance suppression. as I understand this is like the Yaskawa auto tune mode. and it will adjust for rapid plasma cut moves or slow oxy fuel cutting.
    With an auto tune drive, How do you set up the PID settings in Cam Soft to utilize the maximum stability of the servo auto tune feature?

I now have DC motors with 11 inch lbs torque, the gantry weighs about 6,000 lbs and when having to stop in the X axis to make a square cut any speed over 35 inches per minute will overshoot the position and fault out the control. I would like to cut at least 100 IPM on thin metal with a plasma torch. How do you convert DC inch lbs to AC servo KW , so that I get large enough AC servo motors?
    Thank You
    Farmers Machine

Pretty much any servo motor i've ever seen ac or dc has a torque spec, yaskawa will probably have them in NM. You'll just have to convert. 100 ipm is extremely slow for cutting thin sheet. When you say thin, do you mean 1/4"