Limit Switches

Thread: Limit Switches

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Limit Switches

Has anyone found a way to invert the limit switch action in Camsoft? The default is that a switch closes when a limit is hit. I am working on two machines, both have normally closed limits (open when hit), which I believe is the industry standard.

Galil allows users to do this with a configuration command (specifically, the command CN1 will configure the card for open when hit limits) and save the change. It is even easier in their DMC Setup program. Unfortunately, the Camsoft software must issue a master reset when it initializes the card because it is nullified when I start the CNC Controller. I have tried issuing the CN1 command from the diagnostic window and with the COMMAND keyword from within the CNC controller but it is not recognized.

Any other ideas?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Squarewave:

Yes, issue a Galil command in your startup.fil. This is also what I
    have done. The proper syntax is thus:

COMMAND CN 1

First you get good, then you get fast. Then grouchiness sets in.

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Hu, it works perfectly. Since it wouldn't work in the diagnostic screen, I didn't think it would work in the startup file.

Thanks for the help!