Cam soft

Thread: Cam soft

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs down Cam soft

how many of you have good experience dealing with camsoft
    maybe its just us but we have difficulty ever since day1
    we bought the upgrade version from lite to pro almost 2 years ago and now have some time to install it , but they will no longer give us support unless we give them 1300.00 dollars
    we feel they are very unfair
    also the list goes on
    if anybody wants this software we would sell it a give away price we cant actually recommend it to any one sorry but this is just the way it is
    anyone interested in this software let me know

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cam soft

yes we realize it has been almost 2 years and we are at fault it didn't get installed immediately, but we still think support should start from the day it was installed mybe im wrong

I want to hear from folks that are in love with this software
    we also bought the smartpath option
    with the lite it does not decell around corners so it is very jerky ling bang crash bang unless we actually have the feed rate real slow

Downloads
    Uploads

We feel bad for your dealer/installer whom is caught up in this payment dispute.

If you want to advance your goal, may we suggest that you change your approach. Pressure or blackmail has always had the opposite effect here.

Based on the events, the offer for a software update is no longer available. Serial number SN# 30523 will be listed as in dispute.

Special thanks to the over whelming expression of support and gratitude to the people that have called and e-mailed. It does make us feel good even though we understand that you may not want to get involved.

Tech Support
    CamSoft Corp.
    support@camsoftcorp.com
    PH 951-674-8100
    Fax 951-674-3110
    PC Based CNC Control For The Machine Tool CNC Retrofit And CNC Controller OEM Market

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no problem the balls in your court

we will move on with life we would try to make the program work

but will move in a different direction, based on our research

thanks to all of yous that have sent private emails

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It sounds like you need to call FANUC USA in Chicago, they have several controls for different kinds of machines. They have large staff of engineers, software writers, and onsite tech support. The good thing about Fanuc is when you chose their control, your get Fanuc motors, Fanuc drives, Fanuc cables, all specific to your machine. The control has hundreds of options, you can buy as many as you need to make your machine work as you want it to. I have a Fanuc 0i TD on a 2013 year Hwacheon 300 slant bed. The graphics screen is twice as big as the screen on a smart phone, you can really see complicated geometry when you verify in Manual Guide I. There is a lot of difference between Fanuc and Cam Soft. The options to make your machine functional are $ 5000.00 to $ 7000.00 each. My Hwacheon has a USB port in the control panel but the USB option was not turned on by Hwacheon so you have to use the RS 232 port to save programs to your shop computer. The Fanuc only comes with 50 program storage. so you have to delete some to make room for new jobs. I checked in to the 500 program storage but the RS 232 cable was 1/700 th of the cost. If you chose Cam Soft your might wind up with a very unique machine because it can operate with any brand of servo drive and motor combination on each axis, some with old wire and some with a new cable. If you use a 1 terabyte hard drive there is no limit to the amount of programs you can have stored in the control. I bought a 32" HD TV on Christmas clearance and installed it on the control panel, When you verify a part you can actually see what you are going to get. Cam Soft comes with a built in CAD/CAM, so you don't need to spend $18,000.00 on Master Cam and an additional computer to run it on. You can have as much I/O as you can possibly ever need, even vision inspection for your parts. The biggest amazement to me, was finding out that all of the options in Cam Soft Pro are turned on when you buy the software. Your machine can do anything, and that is for real. I am a very happy user of Cam Soft Pro on a 1989 year ESAB Gantry oxy fuel and plasma torch with 14 feet in Y and 42 feet in X . The project was done on a county shoestring budget and on occasion the wiring gives a fit, we only change the motion card and control, left all old wires and motors. but all in all the old girl is ready to dance every time I hit the switch. I don't have a formal education, but $1300.00 is a lot less than $7000.00. Pay your maintenance and you have access to the best tech support in the business.
    Good Luck on your Conversion

The Farmer.