The latest 0.9.7 'E' test release is available for wider testing.
This was announced on the CamBam forum a couple of weeks ago and there has since been a couple of bug fix releases.
This is a very early release of version 0.9.7 so please be on the lookout for bugs and treat any gcode created with caution until this release has been more widely tested.
I have made the installer so that it will not overwrite the current stable CamBam version.
Version 0.9.7 will have its own program folder and a new shortcut will be created: 'CamBam plus 0.9.7'.
It also won't overwrite the existing file handler, so you will need to start this version of CamBam then use File - Open, or drag files onto it from Explorer.
Details on the changes in 0.9.7 can be found at the link above, or from the Help - Contents menu option within CamBam, under the 'What's New?' section.
The main feature of this release has been user interface improvements including multiple selection and drag dropping in the drawing tree, together with extra multi-threading support and ability to cancel long running operations.
There have been some improvements to the 3D waterlining reliability as described in the What's New section.
This is an on-going process and a more thorough review of all the toolpath generation routines is planned soon.
I hope you enjoy using this new release and as always, bug reports and other feedback is always welcome!
Andy Payne [10Bulls]
I ran into a hitch with the newest release 0.9.7, as well as the stable release about 4 months ago and just now sat down and was able to figure it out.
Symptoms: Modal Error message "Configuration System failed to initialize" and this message is thrown once for every post processor file. .cb Files no longer can be written successfully and you get two more errors when you close cambam. In the process window at the bottom it's saying that some WebClient requests are not working. It was this clue that led me to the fix.
Cause/Fix: I downgraded Microsoft .NET Framework from version 3.5 SP1 back to version 3.0 SP2 and it's happy again.
I've had .NET updates cripple other totally unrelated applications before so this is not a cambam only thing.
Hope this helps.
Love the program