I have just uploaded a new installer release for CamBam plus beta 0.9.4.
Most of the new 0.9.4 features are described in this topic:
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66219 (CamBam plus beta 0.9.4 (pre release))
This release incorporates a number of bug fixes, identified from the pre-release version, plus a couple of new features I couldn't resist sneaking in.
I have also tried to plug a few more gaps in the off-line documentation files, accessed from the Help - Contents menu option. This now includes more detailed documentation of the post processor system.
More work is planned on the documentation, especially more tutorials describing some of the newer features such as side profiles and 3D profiling.
Bug fixes in this release (from 0.9.4 pre release version).
- Some toolpath unioning problems were fixed, particularly with 'C' shaped polylines.
- Toolpaths were incorrect when source geometry was not at Z=0. This was apparent in the circular pocket script problems (thanks lazer!)
- tangent lead ins were not always appearing on the correct side of the toolpath
- Climb/Conventional milling selection did not affect open polylines
- Drilling operations now apply transformations internally to points and circles.
- Creating gcode from individual mops was overwriting the main gcode filename.
Improvements in this release...
- Improvements to Tangent lead ins. The lead in will now spiral down the required number of turns, using the ramp angle, to reach the cutting depth from the current stock surface.
If a tangent radius of 0 is specified, a straight line tangential ramp is used.
- Bull/Ball nose cutter radius compensation should now be correctly applied to Slope, Convex and ConcaveRadius side profiles.
- I have added a new property to Rectangles - CornerRadius.
This does pretty much as expected, adding a radius to the corners of the rectangle.
The included nameplate.cb template file uses this new feature for the nameplate boundaries, which simplifies the creation of nameplates different to the default sizes.
- Peck drilling operations now display a circle at the peck distances.
This has highlighted a couple of oddities in the way drilling operations are currently defined but I will go more into that in another post.
This version is starting to look quite stable and my cautious recommendation if for people to upgrade to this from the current stable 0.9.3 release. Unless any major issues crop up, I will update the latest stable version check in the next few days.
As always, I hope you enjoy this release and happy machining!
Andy Payne [10Bulls]