Need Help! moving the cambam tool paths

Thread: moving the cambam tool paths

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default moving the cambam tool paths

new user needs help with cambam - I have just about mastered putting tool paths on to profiles but im having trouble moving tool paths where cambam put them . is this even possible to move? eg on a circle it puts the lead in at the top instead of the bottom which produces more travel time and the next profile the same and so on.
    I have looked for tutorials but not much luck checked the cambam documents and they are not much help either.
    thanks for a help

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: moving the cambam tool paths

Let's say that you have a series of circles to cut out. CamBam allows you to set the start point of the series using the Start Point and clicking on the layout. But if all of the circles are in the same MOP, then CamBam will choose what it considers the best path for the rest which is not always the most efficient IMHO. The way around this is to put each circle in it's own MOP and set the start point for each. You can copy and paste the MOPs so this is pretty easy to do.

On the other hand, for $149, CamBam does a fine job. You could buy a seat of MasterCam for around $8500 and it still does stupid stuff.

Downloads
    Uploads

Why don't you post this on CamBam forum. I'm sure, the people who know it will be able and happy to help you with your questions.

CamBam - Index

My 2¢

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by stevecam View Post
    new user needs help with cambam - I have just about mastered putting tool paths on to profiles but im having trouble moving tool paths where cambam put them . is this even possible to move? eg on a circle it puts the lead in at the top instead of the bottom which produces more travel time and the next profile the same and so on.
    I have looked for tutorials but not much luck checked the cambam documents and they are not much help either.
    thanks for a help
    Me to I m new in CamBam and new in CNC
    In the last 3 weeks I tried many cad cam software and CamBam is the easiest for me to work with
    I do not know if there is a bug for circle or arcs in CamBam but when I simulate the toolpath on my object the toolpath goes outside the arc instead to stay in

Downloads
    Uploads

In CamBam, when you create a profile operation, you have to choose Inside or Outside. Look at the second line from the top in the MOP setup.