Need Help! Importing objects on drawing.

Thread: Importing objects on drawing.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Importing objects on drawing.

I have a question that I haven't found an answer to in the CamBam documentation on how to import an object like say
    for example a DBxx connector that will be milled out via an inside profile? I see a need to be able
    to import different drawing objects sort a like when you draw a PCB you pull in objects in this case pads etc. onto
    a PCB design but in this case objects to mill or cut out say on a sheet of metal or what have you.

I found a DB9 DXF and I can bring that in and then make copies that i can move around but how do I bring in say another
    DXF of some object that is different? For example a DB25 connector that is backside mounted along with say a couple
    of more DB9's? Oh I haven't found a DXF of a DB25 yet so that would help too.

I would like to know if this can be done in CamBam with out to much difficulty.

Thanks,
    Bruce

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Importing objects on drawing.

Ok, so poking around here I found a link that has all kinds of DXF's etc. and sure enough there was a DB25 so I have that now but
    in some reading at the Cambam site I liked Jeff Birts idea of a library and a merge file utility that I am not sure if i need that to use the library he has
    created or not...
    Darn, more questions.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Importing objects on drawing.

how do I bring in say another DXF of some object that is different?
    You can open a second instance of CB with a different dxf and you can copy/paste this dxf into the first instance.
    The file merge script works only with cambam files.

ralf