Wincnc - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wincnc

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Wincnc

Quote Originally Posted by islaww View Post
    Greg...
    Are you talking about up/down z tweaks while running a file? If so, you can do this without stopping. Check out the "axisadj" command. Will let you raise/lower the Z a few thousandths per key press. If you were looking for a coded amount after a pause, yes you are correct.
    I tried that command. As usual, and a source of Joe's frustrations, there isn't a lot in the manual, but at least my version has axisadj, no update needed.

I put the lines into wincnc.ini, but two questions. 1) I could not move the axis (of z and w heads) that was actively moving, which is sort of good as I'd not want to do so accidentally.... And 2) it wasn't clear if the changes I could make in the non active head would "stick".

Basically, if I can't either turn on the adjustment, move in permentantly changed increments (.001"), then turn off the adjustment ability and continue running, then I don't see how it would be useful.

On my old techno, I have to pause, jog the program to say -.001 (ie .001 less than current zero point which is off the table in my case), reset that new location to be a new zero point, and continue running.....I could do without the extra steps but that's what I'd like to achieve, and no can't see how axisadj does that.

I'll try to read up more on anything relating to that command I can find too.

Thanks, greg

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    I pulled an INI copy from my shop that has my notes. my line (in the Z axis section) reads "axisadj= a2 v2 u13 d14 i1 but you would most likely use "axisadj=t1 a2 v{1 to 5} i1" to use transit keys [PGUP] PGDN] to adjust the axis. There is no fixed amount setting, but with a little playing I can get "1 tap = .001" with 2 as the velocity setting.

Use parameters 'b" and "s" to setup and toggle the alternate (W) head, I don't have that experience.

The "adj" will only be applied to one axis (2=Z) in my case, unless the proper input is triggered to toggle to W

Hope this helps. I do have more info on this, but would have to dig out my old notebook.

Gary Campbell GCnC Control
    Servo Control & ATC Retrofits

Downloads
    Uploads

No idea what you mean with using parameters "b" and "s" to setup and toggle the w head, but since one reason w might have worked was that I had one axisadj line for each and the w was second, it might be the key point.....

V{1-5} I assume is just saying "keep it slow"

I'll try only the z line tomorrow, the production job I'd most like to try it on only really needs the adjustment on the z...w head can err slightly low and work fine, but z is the onion skin and is a little finicky sometimes.

Off to read the current manual a bit to see what I can learn.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    I would rem out the "W" line and get the Z working. Also, do you have keyboard map (k parameter on axisspec line) set for the axes? pg up/dn for z home/end for w

V is feedrate, I ended up with 2 on my machine, YMMV just didn't want you to throw in a 50 or something
    Good luck, GC

Downloads
    Uploads

I will take a look at the axisspec line. Thanks!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ah, I get it now....I don't have the B and S settings in my version, which I guess was added later. Maybe I will have to get around to updating after all. I understand the u and d parameters now too (sort of....what keys are those and where is a complete list that I can use?,I was just using the regular ones....but non-regular with something like the scroll lock on might be safer.

Too bad I can't do both axis, although I suppose I could put in a line in my post to change between them with my "toolchange". I already have enough crazy stuff for my "production run" vectric post (speeding acceleration way up on every rapid move and bringing it back down for cuts for example, output looks nuts but I highly recommend!)

Still, just to make sure, the changes I make there will "stick"? If I adjust Z down .001" then everything will stay .001" lower? It sort of didn't seem like that is how it was working with the W head movements I did earlier.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    U,D B & S are used for configuring inputs to make the adjustments (up, down, alt axis and swap). I use some momentary contact versions for mine. You can use the keyboard keys. The keyboard configs are in the axisspec section. You use the same key to "adjust" as you setup to use for transit. I like to map mine, even if to the defaults.

If you set them up properly, you can use the feature on both axes. Recommend that you get it working on Z and then add W

Those adjustments persist until the end of file being run. I'm not sure, but will most likely only persist until end of command also.

Good luck, GC

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Gary, but its not working ideally for me.

I would like to set up, according to the manual information you pointed me too, adjustments on z (while running) to k11 or k12, ie scroll lock on and home end or pgup pgdw. But, it won't work.....I tried just using the U axisadj parameter (as a separate number for U and D on my case makes no sense, but tried that too). This was after setting the regular travel on z and w to only be scroll lock off (jogging works fine with that setup k8 k7 for z and w respectively in the axisspec line)

It did work if I had the z and w set to k4 and k3 as was my old default setting, and out in no U or D value, but that's too easy to hit accidentally.

Anything I'm missing? How would one handle the U and D settings when the numbers define both up and down keys?

Downloads
    Uploads

Maybe I'll try setting the axisspec to k11, leave U and D blank and then I at least can turn scroll lock off to lock myself out of accidental movement...but running with the axisadj commented out for now.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    U & D are for switches on inputs. Leave them out when using the keyboard.

Use standard or default Key mapping until you get it working. Then switch to alternatives.

Remember, what you select for mapping will apply to "normal" keyboard transit AND "axisadj"

I am not sure what commands or paramters are available in your legacy version of the software. I am using the latest release version and have revision 4 of the 2.6 manual.

Downloads
    Uploads

One last question, as I have tried default (works) and then scroll lock-on alternative of the default.... Didn't seem to work, but I had .06 for velocity, .001" per second....but i think I had the .001" transit button depressed on screen as well. It's not clear if that is why it appeared not to work, but its not clear how the two parameters (v in axisadj and the various transit keys) interact.

I'll try without the any of the increment buttons depressed.

Downloads
    Uploads

Greg...
    the increment buttons will not affect. What you may have missed is: If you set a key map (K parameter) for the Z, you must have one set for the X and Y before it, even if it is the default.

Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I did that I think, will check tomorrow if I am not just making parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12