Cadkey 99 in Windows Vista

Thread: Cadkey 99 in Windows Vista

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Cadkey 99 in Windows Vista

Has anyone had luck with cadkey 99 in windows vista. I did get program to run but doesn't like my wide sreen monitor. I have went to options and changed the screen display and it works after playing with it a bit but next time you open the program it is distorted in width and heighth again.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Try stretching the window as far as it will go to the maximum size by grabbing the corners, then click on the maximize button. If my memory is correct there was an issue as you described it with every install on XP and Win2000/NT. Once you did the stretch routine, the issue would not repeat until you had to reinstall. Not sure about Vista however. I do know that there are issues with vista and KeyCreator in using the help files so Vista is not a recommended platform for KeyCreator at this time.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ditto to the wide screen. Try drawing a circle and you get and ellipse.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by cadcamham7 View Post
    Ditto to the wide screen. Try drawing a circle and you get and ellipse.
    We just got Acer AL2223W flat screens in our engineering department and to fix this issue;

click on "Tools" then "Options" and click on "Display". Set your Screen Size to what your monitor is and your circles will come out round again.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks.....I have done some work at home for two years.....and I just ignored this problem on my laptop computer. This was never an issue for 14 years at work because of normal size monitors.

I really appreciated that. I will always learn something new....

Archery, Ham Radio, CadKey, SolidWorks, FeatureCam.
    www.fbcms.org

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CADKEY 97

Speaking of old Cadkey versions, you wouldn't happen to have a copy of cadkey 97 or even an extra copy of 99 you want to get rid of, do you??

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cadkey 99 in Windows Vista

FYI for most 1080p monitors, if you set your X to 1920 and your Y to 1080 you get a microscopic cursor and i think that means its rendering a lot more and it runs choppy. Set the X to 16 and set your Y to 9 and you should be all set! BTW that means a 16:9 ratio, which is extremely common these days on flat screen/wide screen monitors!