Key Creator 12 Rotation of entities

Thread: Key Creator 12 Rotation of entities

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Key Creator 12 Rotation of entities

Something changed from my version 9 of Key Creator to the current version 12 that causes me great problems when trying to rotate something in any view other than the default view. When trying to rotate an object in another view, the object only rotates as if I was still in view 1. How can I change this "feature". Thanks in advance for any help.

It must have something to do with the default settings because if I open an old drawing made in version 9, the rotation behaves like it did in the old version. If I create a completely new drawing in version 12, it does not behave the same when rotating objects. Right now I'm getting round this problem by starting any new drawings by opening an old drawing and erasing all the objects in it.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I’m a little confused as to what you’re doing. Maybe it’s because I’ve been using KC for too long and rotating things is second nature to me. First you have to understand that everything you do in KC is construction plane dependent or Cplane as KC calls it. You may have inadvertently changed the Cplane from 1 to 2 for example. There is also a command to set the Cplane to whatever view you see on the screen, it’s called CP=DV. I believe it’s the default when you open a new drawing unless your default Workspace was saved with a specific Cplane set. To set the Cplane go to View>Construction Plane> Set Construction Plane or Alt+Z. Hope this helps.