CADKEY 97 R2: Permanently setting XY Screen Size

Thread: CADKEY 97 R2: Permanently setting XY Screen Size

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default CADKEY 97 R2: Permanently setting XY Screen Size

I love my Cadkey, but I am very tired of having to manually change the default screen size every single time I boot up the program. Is there a way to lock the size once I've figured out the ratio? Currently CADKEY is displaying my X-axis about 33% larger than my Y-axis.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Well it’s been awhile, but from what I can remember there was a weird quirk where you had to minimize then drag the corners to cover the screen then hit the maximize. That locked the screen to a full screen. You only had to do that once after installation. When that version came out, most screens where a 4:3 ratio, now the screens are much wider like 16:9. If you’re looking to change the ratio, I think there was someplace in the option menu to enter the screen size so circular objects looked round not oval shaped.

Downloads
    Uploads

One other thing I forgot to mention was to make sure, under Tools>Option>Start-Up, to set to save workspace on exit (if it was available it that version). Any changes made to the screen size won’t take effect until you restart. What version of Windows are you running Cadkey 97 in?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'm running Cadkey 97 R2 in Windows 7. I have found the option to change the ratio under Tools > Options > Display > Screen Size, but I cannot find a way to make the setting change a permanent one. I can edit the current values (x: 13.3365 and y: 8.6625), but I cannot save the number I put in. the true values seem to be a lot closer to 2:1, and that is a fairly accurate measurement of trial and error measuring a square on screen with a ruler. I tried the drag/minimize/maximize as suggested, but that doesn't seem to do anything. I also do not have the option to save my workspace on exit, only to save the Macro Table and/or Toolbar

Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry those tips didn’t help, It’s been too long ago I guess. I’ve used every version since 3.2 going back to the 80’s I and can’t recall ever having that problem of it not saving. Have you tried saving the toolbars and keyboard? I’m still thinking there was checkbox for the display settings someplace. I used to have every version and manuals in boxes stored away but I think I dumped the older versions, including CK97 just a few months ago.