CadKey Newbie

Thread: CadKey Newbie

Downloads
    Uploads

Default CadKey Newbie

I am new to CadKey 19. I need to be able to import a .STP file in metric, and generate a professional looking 4 view(with iso view) dimensioned drawing, in inches using my companies B size sheet pattern. I have tried on my own, but am having problems getting the part and title scaled correctly to produce a good looking 11" X 17" print. Is there a step by step resourse available anywhere, as I don't have the time or patience to figure this out on my own.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by capmkrk View Post
    I don't have the time or patience to figure this out on my own.
    Using a 12 year old program doesn’t help.
    I would think and hope the ultimate goal in using a CAD program is to make money. Some time and money needs to be invested in doing so. Dr. Walt is an excellent source of Cadkey books:

Doctor Walt's Cadkey Books

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I agree about the age of the program, but the sheet metal designers at my company use Cadkey and I feel like we should all be using the same prog to generate drawings. Talk about an old prog. the other guys use CadKey 97, I feel high-tech using Cadkey 19. I have used Solidworks and AutoCad, and find Cadkey to be very powerful, without sucking up computer resourses. I do have a couple of Dr Walt's books, and they are pretty good.

Downloads
    Uploads

If you have a specific problem, feel free to ask. I’m not a big Layout mode user, but someone else here may be able to help on the part scale and border, it’s been too long for me. From what I remember you had to set the scale in the layout dialogue. I would try Kubotek’s Webforum, They still have a Cadkey specific forum. You don’t have to be current with maintenance but have to be a registered owner to use the forum.

I agree that Cadkey is a very powerful program, KeyCreator even more so by 1000%. Sadly, they are industries best kept secrets. When Kubotek took over Cadkey everyone had high hopes for it, but their lack of promoting it has been a real disappointment. Spending money to make money is not such a bad thing.

Downloads
    Uploads

OK, thanks for your time. I am having measured sucess with help from one of the other guys here.