Lost Cadkey 19 dongle

Thread: Lost Cadkey 19 dongle

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Lost Cadkey 19 dongle

I have been using Cadkey 19 r1 for year, for private at home jobs to
    Helping out friends with some drawing for there manufacturing.

Was a program a friend gave me ages ago "to try out"

I have moved house 3 mouths ago, and in this process lost my serial port dongle.

This Program does not work without it.

Can anyone help me to replace this at a reasonal price ?

I still have the software, CD manual and box it came in... just short the dongle

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

I think I would try Kubotek first and find out their reasonable price would be. If your friend is the original or last registered owner, have them try to get a new key. I think I’ve seen a few seats of Cadkey 19 with the key for sale over the years on the internet for only a few hundred US dollars. Unless you’re not interested in learning new software, you’re probably going to have to buy a new seat of KeyCreator or something different. If this is just a part time endeavor I would consider some cheaper alternatives that are out there that may be cheaper than the key replacement. Getting something that will be able to read your old Cadkey files will be next to impossible if that is an issue.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by moldcore View Post
    I think I would try Kubotek first and find out their reasonable price would be. If your friend is the original or last registered owner, have them try to get a new key. I think I’ve seen a few seats of Cadkey 19 with the key for sale over the years on the internet for only a few hundred US dollars. Unless you’re not interested in learning new software, you’re probably going to have to buy a new seat of KeyCreator or something different. If this is just a part time endeavor I would consider some cheaper alternatives that are out there that may be cheaper than the key replacement. Getting something that will be able to read your old Cadkey files will be next to impossible if that is an issue.
    Thx for your response. And here i thought someone had one laying around

I will keep an Eye open if I can pick one up some were on the internet.

are there any older "Cheaper" Cadkey program that I can buy.

Like Cadkey 97 ?

Perhaps someone has a copy laying around that they willing to let go of that does not use the expensive dongle/key ?

Like I said, its for personal weekend jobs... and is not used alot, well as much as possible.

I will be willing to learn new software... but seems any programs out there that's worth the wile cost an arm and a leg !!

Downloads
    Uploads

Ghost Dice

Cadkey 19 does not have a dongle, they have a licence file only

Some of the newer CadKey programs have & need a dongle to operate

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Ghost Dice

Cadkey 19 does not have a dongle, they have a licence file only

Some of the newer CadKey programs have & need a dongle to operate
    Mmmmm .. I have been using CK19 for the last 7 years and have always used the dongle.

Since the move it has been missing, and if I want to use the software now it tels me " SIM not installed " Refuring to the dongle.

I have removed it in the past and it tells me the same thing, once I put it back in the serial port it works.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gost Dice

I use Cadkey 19 as well but don't have the dongle, Just a license file, I have every version that they made plus the first release of Keycreator I just saw that you were from South Africa So may be international releases had the SIM/dongle to protect there software from being copied

Mactec54

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gost Dice

I use Cadkey 19 as well but don't have the dongle, Just a license file, I have every version that they made plus the first release of Keycreator I just saw that you were from South Africa So may be international releases had the SIM/dongle to protect there software from being copied
    Anyone know were I can find such a lic file ?

Downloads
    Uploads

Gost Dice

The US version of CK19 came with a dongle, at least mine did.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Dice View Post
    Thx for your response. And here i thought someone had one laying around

I will keep an Eye open if I can pick one up some were on the internet.

are there any older "Cheaper" Cadkey program that I can buy.

Like Cadkey 97 ?

Perhaps someone has a copy laying around that they willing to let go of that does not use the expensive dongle/key ?

Like I said, its for personal weekend jobs... and is not used alot, well as much as possible.

I will be willing to learn new software... but seems any programs out there that's worth the wile cost an arm and a leg !!
    I wouldn't waste my time with CK97 or CK98, I still use CK99 on a very regular basis, and still get good results.

If you get a copy of CK99, when you load it without a keycode or reg code, when the window comes up to enter the codes when you start ckwin.exe, choose 'cancel' and it should run OK without the codes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default cadkey 98

Hello Ghost, if you are still looking for cadkey and you live anywhere near Kempton Park I can help you with cadkey 98. For whatever you consider a fair donation to Kempton SPCA. Bring a USB stick or CD with you. Dunno how we make contact - I suppose you have to show a tel number or email address on this site and I'll check in a week or so. Oh I see there is a private message dingis at the top - maybe that sends a message to my email - but I click on it I am told I am not privileged or something - cheers