new table woes

Thread: new table woes

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default new table woes

we have our new table with our new controller. sweet but we cannot get the mach to read voltage so thc is a little useless everything tests ok up to the rav01 and thats where it gets odd next test fails miserably and there is no troubleshooting in between the two tests. at a loss here we need the machine. components are as folllows

hypertherm powermax 1000
    bulltear 4x4
    bladerunner ubob w dthc II
    sheetcam and mach 3 installed by bt

the plug and play is shorting out here i am sure it is something simple and even an ommission or mistake by me but i cannot seem to get this running

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I would post on the CandCNC forum on yahoo. Tom checks that one alot more than the other forums. I have one of his systems, excellent support.

Downloads
    Uploads

You may indeed have an issue with the PWM box. If you have done the tests on the support disk and are still having an issue it may be time to send the PWM box in to CandCNC.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i think you are right

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb70 View Post
    we have our new table with our new controller. sweet but we cannot get the mach to read voltage so thc is a little useless everything tests ok up to the rav01 and thats where it gets odd next test fails miserably and there is no troubleshooting in between the two tests. at a loss here we need the machine. components are as folllows

hypertherm powermax 1000
    bulltear 4x4
    bladerunner ubob w dthc II
    sheetcam and mach 3 installed by bt

the plug and play is shorting out here i am sure it is something simple and even an ommission or mistake by me but i cannot seem to get this running
    There is a test button on the RAV-01 that if the DIVIDED volts is coming through the LED on the card next to the button will light. No light, no volts at the DTHC. There is a test in the THC Sensor PWM (button inside) that will test the internal PWM circuit and the connection back to the DTHCII. There is also a test button for the ARC OK.

If you don't have it get the DTHCII user manual off the CandCNC Website in the manuals page. It can take you through test that will help narrow it down. All of this assume you have the DTHC ONLINE led. Without that you will NEVER see any Torch volts on the screen.....(indicates the DTHC is not talking to MACH)

TOMcaudle
    www.candcnc,com

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

ok tom i am going to retest everything again and make sure where it goes awry i overlooked the dthc online so hopefully that is it. ty

Downloads
    Uploads

No DTHC ONLINE, no communication from the DTHC to MACH, and no voltage displayed. the DTHC tests (test button on the module at the BladeRunner ESPII box) will point up if the voltage data is getting from the DTHC to MACH as well as confirm that the UP and Down commands are flowing. There use two different paths and you can have one and not the other.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

success i had not one but 2 config plugins not checked dthc is now operational now all i have to do is figure out why the head crashes into the table on head moves and why i get stop start during cuts

Downloads
    Uploads

Is the head crashing into the table after it starts cutting or after a pierce? If it is after a pierce you want to raise your tip volts and your cut height. The reason is Hypertherm has a wonderfully available tip voltage and cut height chart however if you are using shielded consumables or unshielded it may not work for you. Depending on the length of your outer tip you may want to cut higher and run a higher tip voltage. Is your cut running along and then it stops cutting and then starts again?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

no it makes 2 to 4 cuts as designed then when the head is supposed to raise to make a clearance move instead of rising to its .5" it doesnt raise at all makes its move and then crashes into the table on its down move and pops the head off z axis

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by bryanb70 View Post
    no it makes 2 to 4 cuts as designed then when the head is supposed to raise to make a clearance move instead of rising to its .5" it doesnt raise at all makes its move and then crashes into the table on its down move and pops the head off z axis
    Go to sheetcam Options/Job options and put in a larger number for the Rapid clearance plane. Most likely set very short.

Downloads
    Uploads

Could also be losing steps during the cut and the head "thinks" is it already at .5 inch. Stop it when that haooens and look at the Z DRO. If it is sitting on the material and the DRO is not close to 0 than it has lost steps during the THC motion. You may need to turn the THC rate down in MACH a few points.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

thanks to matt @ BT we had some great success today. fixed the crash problem and actually reduced the stop start issue one problem to go and we are issue free. woohoo
    thanks matt