Need Help! Romi M17 Issues - Tool diving in and cutting smallest diameter first

Thread: Romi M17 Issues - Tool diving in and cutting smallest diameter first

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Romi M17 Issues - Tool diving in and cutting smallest diameter first

Hi guys!

I have a Romi M17 that, up until now, has been absolutely trouble free. It has a Fanuc 21i-T controller. 2001 build date.

I use this machine nearly every day and never have an issue, barring some small things that are usually my fault.

However, when being called in to work after hours to make an emergency piece and also having an engineer watch me make the piece, the Romi decided that that was a good time to quit working properly.

I am trying to make an extremely simple two-diameter piece with a taper in between. I have made many of this kind of piece before in various dimensions so it's not like it's the first time I'm trying it.

The issue is that rather than following conventional lathe pathing on this piece where it would turn down the largest diameter on the piece, then start shaving down to the smallest diameter, the simulation is showing the tool is trying to dive in and cut the smallest diameter first in two strokes (going from a 15mm diameter blank to an 8mm diameter cut in two passes) then move to the larger 10mm diameter in back.

I checked all of my old programs and the simulations work as they should and cut properly.

I thought maybe it was an issue with a corrupt program, so I deleted it and edited one of my old working programs to this new code. The issue presents itself again. Occasionally I'll even get an alarm on the simulation before it even starts along the lines of "Error: Couldn't rough cut" or something like that.

Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this? I am the only one that uses this machine so it's not like someone else played with it.

Here's a link to the video of the simulation:

https://goo.gl/photos/J1587jDkZXSxheAF6

And a picture of my code:

http://i.imgur.com/FB6Gaa5.jpg

Thank you guys for any help!