Problem Bridgeport Romi EZ-Path Boot Disk

Thread: Bridgeport Romi EZ-Path Boot Disk

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Romi EZ-Path Boot Disk

I have a Bridgeport Romi EZ-Path Lathe Circa-1993. Replaced the battery, but control needs to have DOS boot disk. I have the backup software, but no Boot. Can anyone help?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Romi EZ-Path Boot Disk

You may have a bad floppy drive.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by reabdet21 View Post
    You may have a bad floppy drive.
    I have an extra, I will try that. Thanks.

Any old dos 6 boot disk will get you in. Then you will have to install dos on the HDD and your other software for th e machine.
    I have all of it if you need it.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead57 View Post
    Any old dos 6 boot disk will get you in. Then you will have to install dos on the HDD and your other software for th e machine.
    I have all of it if you need it.

Steve
    Thanks Steve, I will have some time to work on it tomorrow. I have the EZ-Path Machine software, but I'm not sure I have a copy of DOS anymore. What version of DOS do I need to install. I have a DOS 3.3 boot disc. will that work to get me in? I appreciate your help! This machine is old, but it only has about 50 operating hours. It was just left without power for too long. Hopefully with your help I can bring her back to life. Thanks Again.

Kasey

Honestly I don't know if the EZ path will run under dos3.3. Mine uses dos 6.6. Do you know how to make the computer boot from the A drive? If so try the dos 3.3 it won't hurt. The computer itself will boot and run the older dos just don't know if the EZ path will. Dos is a basic operating system that runs a computer. Windows is actually a graphical program to run dos commands with graphical icons. The Ezpath software will run under windows but there is no windows software (driver) to run the interface card for it.

Steve

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Machinehead57 View Post
    Honestly I don't know if the EZ path will run under dos3.3. Mine uses dos 6.6. Do you know how to make the computer boot from the A drive? If so try the dos 3.3 it won't hurt. The computer itself will boot and run the older dos just don't know if the EZ path will. Dos is a basic operating system that runs a computer. Windows is actually a graphical program to run dos commands with graphical icons. The Ezpath software will run under windows but there is no windows software (driver) to run the interface card for it.

Steve
    Thanks Steve,
    I can pick up a copy today from a friend. Again, your help is greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted.
    Kasey.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Thanks Steve,
    I can pick up a copy today from a friend. Again, your help is greatly appreciated. I will keep you posted.
    Kasey.
    Steve,
    I tried a DOS 6.22. Machine booted, but when I tried to load EZPATH-ROMI software it told me I was using the incorrect version of DOS.You noted that your machine runs on DOS 6.6. I haven't been able to find a down loadable 6.6 version. My machine states that the processer is from 1994 and is a 386. What type of processor is your machine?

Kasey

Quote Originally Posted by Kasey View Post
    Steve,
    I tried a DOS 6.22. Machine booted, but when I tried to load EZPATH-ROMI software it told me I was using the incorrect version of DOS.You noted that your machine runs on DOS 6.6. I haven't been able to find a down loadable 6.6 version. My machine states that the processer is from 1994 and is a 386. What type of processor is your machine?

Kasey
    Mine is a 96 with the 386 processor. The dos 6.6 was a typo I run dos 6.22. The version of the EZ path will determine what dos you need. You probably need DOS 3.1. I think I have a copy of it if you need it. My EZ path version is 250-21-687. Whats yours?

Downloads
    Uploads

Hi guys, would you mind sending me a copy of the software please? I have an EZ Path S

Thanks
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

Any one have a copy of the ez path software. We can't find our install disc's.. help..

Downloads
    Uploads

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i need the ez-path II software... can you help me??