Need HELP out of ideas!!

Thread: Need HELP out of ideas!!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need HELP out of ideas!!

Had to replace my power supply for my ezpath sd II the other day after a lighting strike. Now after about a hour of running parts the machine will just stop running while the spindle is still running. I have been able to hit start again and it starts back up but not always. Just today I hit start and it moved just another inch in the z axis. I have had it stop usually in a z movement. I have tried running the spindle at different rpm's and it reads what it is supposed to read. Do I have a motor going bad and heating up after running for awhile? Trying to trouble shoot as much as possible before having my technician come back and work on it.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need HELP out of ideas!!

It sounds like that lightning strike might have fried more than your power supply. It could be the motor, but electronic things are more likely.

[FONT=Verdana]Andrew Werby[/FONT]
    [URL="http://www.computersculpture.com/"]Website[/URL]

Default Re: Need HELP out of ideas!!

These machines are pretty good about giving a fault cause. Your not getting any explanation on the screen as to why it stops? Sounds like your getting a false feed hold input to me.