Parvex Servo Model Number Torq Cut 30

Thread: Parvex Servo Model Number Torq Cut 30

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Parvex Servo Model Number Torq Cut 30

I've got a Torq Cut 30 circa 1997 with what I believe are Parvex DC servo motors on all 3 axis. But I don't see a tag. I can see an Allen Bradley encoder attached to the back end of the motor. The drive cards are all the same for X,Y,and Z axis (P/N 3194 4088). The original Bridgeport drawings The X,Y, and Z motors are called out as 94VDC@19 Amps and "2000 PRM" which I'm guessing is a typo. and they really mean 2000 RPM (revolutions per minute).

Anybody out there know what the Parvex number is or even an equivalent cross to another decent quality brand namr servo motor? I want to buy a spare to have on the shelf. Are these special proprietary motors that can only be bought through a mercenary Bridgeport parts placecause I'm sure they will probably not want to give up a core cheaply for me to hav it sit on my shelf.

The closest match I can see on the Parvex website is an RS630F which specs out at 100 VDC, 25 Amps, 2000 RPM w/ 10.8 NM torque.

Also, am I assuming correctly that the one motor can be stocked as a back-up for all three axis? I know that the Z has a brake on to keep the head from falling, that may affect the motor if it has some goofy shaft treatment.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

That would be a very odd set-up. The original machines at first had SEM motors on all 3 axis. Later per Bridgeport we replaced ONLY the Z axis motor with the Parvex. It is about twice the size of the SEM motors. If I remember correctly the brake was part of the Z drive system but not part of the motor. Verify what you have.

George

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Downloads
    Uploads

There was a lable on the Z-Axis and is definitley a Parvex RX630DR1400 manufactured May 1997. Its the X axis that is not labeled but physically looks like the one on the Z in size and shape with the large round brush caps sticking out of the side of the motor.

I was recently having the X-axis act a little flakey. Giving me an overload fault, and I could physically push the table in the x direction with the drives enabled, until of course I got an x-axis travel fault. Obviously the X servo motor was not getting power. I switched the X and Y drive cards around to try and isolate if it was the drive card vs. the motor and reseated all the ribbion cables and the problem just went away going on two days now. I don't know why its working now, but I aint complaining!

I'm just trying to round up some spares before the inevitable happens and I'm caught with my pants down. Plus I tend to have to pay more when I'm stretched over a barrel with a bunch of work and need parts fast.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well I guess I jinxed myself. I've got the following limit error or Y-Axis overload error and now my Y axis can be pushed by hand when the drives are enabled. Since it followed the drive card when I swapped from the X to the Y I'm guessing that I'm looking to get a new one.

Do you recognize my drive boards P/N 3194-4088 RevC as being a part that is replaced by the the Z-Axis drive board 3194-4268 or the X/Y Axis drive board 3194-4380/3194-3888 the Torqcut 22 sold on bptparts.com?

**** EDIT: I looked again and the circuit board has P/N 3194-4088 on it but the metal bracket has the 3194-4268 number on it so it is the same as the one on bptparts***

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Parvex Bottom Line

The Parvex is a higher current motor, thus Bridgeport had two versions of drive cards Low Current used with SEM's and High Current used with Parvex..The bottom line is this. The low current drive card has wire connection points that are a light green colored plastic, while the high current drive have a terminal strip that is black in color..