As the line states, I am a newbie to this site although am not a machinist by trade, I am an electrical and mechanical engineer by education and have machine tool disease.
I recently purchased , a complete Bridgeport V2XT / DX32 for parts, and removed every screw and assembly leaving only the ball screws and iron. I have several other CNC bridgeports and actually was only interested in the SEM motors as spares from another machine. I am going to part out the control as it is the size of a refrigerator and weights about six thousand pounds. Does anyone need parts from this machine. I have powered it up, the CRT is inoperable, but the axis motor red and green lamps illuminate and it appears to want to operate. The motors do not lock up, but it has not "Homed" as the motors are sitting on the floor.I do not have the manuals for the machine, and do not know how to boot up the computer, think the cmos battery is dead.
If anyone has interest or need for control parts, or head parts, you are free to contact me.
Thanks, I will look forward to providing any assisitance.