Bridgeport Mill Service and Repair in California?

Thread: Bridgeport Mill Service and Repair in California?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Bridgeport Mill Service and Repair in California?

Do any of you guys know of any service/ repair centers in California for Series 1 Bridgeport? Alot of searching online has turned up pretty much nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Similar Threads:
    The last of a dying breed..

Downloads
    Uploads

What part of California? I recently had a technician from Machinery Sales Co. in City of Industry (near Los Angeles) come out for a little checkup on my Series I Rigid Ram. If you are LA local, their phone number is (626) 581-9211. I got their contact info by emailing Hardinge through their website and asking for a local to me authorized repair agent. This is who they recommended.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

I'm about 150 miles north of the L.A. area and about 250 south of the San Francisco area.

I'll have to try eailing the comany like you did and see if I can get somewhere that way. I've done a ton of online searching but have had no leads so far, thanks alot for the help

Downloads
    Uploads

Yeah, I tried online for a few weeks and couldn't find anybody. I called the guy who upgraded my CNC computer (Centroid controller) and he was going to give me a name but he never came through. So I tried the Hardinge (Bridgeport) website and found an email contact there who gave me the info. I think I emailed my query through the Customer Support link on the main page. The email I received back came from Daniel_Gugino (at) hardinge.com. It took a couple of days to get a reply.

Hope you find someone.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Talking

I've sent a couple emails out through Hardinge and the mail address from you, hopefully something will turn up now, I'll update the thread incase anyone else out there has a need for the info I get aswell, thanks.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

YES...HI wonder squirrel

my name is Justin. I work for Loomis machinery service.. we are located in Lakewood California. We are field service repair.

We specialize in repairing mills laths the right way. we scrape, grind, and bush..everything..

I see you are kinda far from us.. We don't usually travel that far.. but we may be able to work something out..

call us 562-634-0696

cheers!

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well theres a guy name Goerge Bass at Classic Machine up in the bay area. He's about the best in the west-quite possibly the country. He flies his own plane to his appointments so LA isn't out of the question. He's out of Hayward, Ca. If you want his number just post in this thread & I'll post it for ya.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just call Keith at Versitech in Corona California for BP Boss CNC, as well as standard BP parts, service calls, retrofits. and much more. I believe his # is (909? or 951?) 371-0900

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi Wonder Squirrel, this response may be too late. Just so you know, next time you'll need help for custom welding services in California, just holler. Happy New Year, dude

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Studwell repairs and rebuilds Bridgeports in the Southern California area.

Banned
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default West Coast Bridgeport Service

George Bass is the guy for San Francisco area. I worked with George for many years when I was with Bridgeport. Highly skilled tech.. In Southern CA call MASCO, Machinery Sales Co, out of City of Industry. They were the Bridgeport distributor for many, many years, on and off. They have people they can put you in touch with for Southern CA and Arizona.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I worked with bass at machinery sales in fremont , ca i also service bridgeport
    i also worked at selway factory trained on haas....i troubleshoot and rebuild all bridgeport product line and many others...........

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I service California 209-532-1797

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Does anybody have a current phone number for George Bass? or the company that he works for.

I am looking for someone that can rescrape the ways on my bridgeport mill. That is in the San Francisco area.

Downloads
    Uploads

There is a older guy in Livermore, he rebuilds bridgeports. Also gossiger, the Bridgeport/hardinge dealer in Livermore area has a guy that's probably the absolute best fitter I've ever seen. His name is Steve. Not sure if George is around any longer, havnt heard much about him lately, he is a good tech though. There was also a guy in berkeley, he is a cousin of Jim Ellison that did fitting as well, not sure if he is around any more either, all us techs are getting up there damn it.

Come to think of it, there is a eastern European guy that will travel and fit. He is in northern ca, I can try and get his name tomorrow. He was good and way to cheap. The price he did a very large lathe crosslide and re assembled was so cheap I couldn't believe it. I charged more to show up and re switch the turret. Think his name was merrick or something like that.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you find there number or contact info, please forward it to me.
    Thanks,

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Mill Service and Repair in California?

Quote Originally Posted by jwpage_mcc View Post
    If you find there number or contact info, please forward it to me.
    Thanks,
    Resurrecting this thread as there is not much info on repair services or EZ Trak machines. Anyone have recommendations?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Mill Service and Repair in California?

Quote Originally Posted by toadontheroad View Post
    Resurrecting this thread as there is not much info on repair services or EZ Trak machines. Anyone have recommendations?
    Yes Jeff Lockwood is excellent that posted at the top of this page & page 1 and so is his brother in law @ Harry's Repair & Rebuild in Santa Clara 408.507.4538. Harry is out of the old Bridgeport era and knows how to scrape as well.
    George Bass is in Livermore and his number is 925.292.1243

Sorry for the huge delay.
    Hope this helps anybody in the future and call any of these 3 or all 3 if need be.
    Cheers!