value of CNC machine

Thread: value of CNC machine

Downloads
    Uploads

Default value of CNC machine

I have an opportunity to purchase a Bridgeport Interact 412 with Hiedenhain controls. It is a 1998 model and came from a school. The machine looks hardly used. I think I can get it for about $10K.

I am clueless on what it should be worth. Anyone have any feel for this?

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

It's an old machine but if it's seen little use then its worth paying the extra money.

I've spent close to that amount on my interact 4 and that doesnt even have an ATC.

Dom
    http://www.ukrobotics.com/projects

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I manage one machine that came from a school in Japan. Though the total hours on the machine is high, the actual use hours is quite low. After all, it is used for training. Very little abuse. Has not been used for production. IMO, these machines are the best deal you can find for the price.
    As to the asking price, that is all in what the value is to the purchaser. If one feels that it is worth the asking price, then by all consideration, go for it. If not, then pass it by.
    Steve

Downloads
    Uploads

The brigeport machines are great machine to use but make sure you get to see it opperate i got caught out with mine having a few bugs in it and it was a absolute pain to get going properly.If not for some very knowlegable people on this sight i would have been in deep water.