Bridgeport TC22 Tool Changer coming up short

Thread: Bridgeport TC22 Tool Changer coming up short

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport TC22 Tool Changer coming up short

Just recently my tool changer has been stopping at the wrong index or total wrong tool. If it stops at the wrong index it drops the tool. Several times it has completed the tool change but it has the wrong tool in the spindle. This happens randomly.

I have cleaned both the home and index sensor. They seem to operating, the lights go on and off. The hub does not drag, bearing feel good.

I have manually homed the magazine several times in a row and it does it correctly. I thought it might be because I had a full carousel, I removed all tools except six and still have the issue.

It seems like the motor is missing rotations and or not stopping at the correct place.

Any suggestions as to why this happens?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport TC22 Tool Changer coming up short

Just a few thoughts, when the wrong tool is put into the spindle , on the monitor on the right side goes it say the tool that is actually in or the tool that should be there? More than one person has told me that the prox switches can lie, maybe they work intermittently. We had a solid state hard drive go bad and the first problem was the tool changer loosing track of where it was, both tool number and the Z tool change position. Good luck, Jon P.

Downloads
    Uploads

The number on the screen shows the tool that I called

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Downloads
    Uploads

Since the carousel is stopping and loading what it thinks is the correct tool I have to bet its a problem with the prox switch loosing count, maybe the switch maybe the wiring , that’s where I’d start. Good luck. Jon P