Need Help! EZ Vision Monitor issues

Thread: EZ Vision Monitor issues

Downloads
    Uploads

Default EZ Vision Monitor issues

I'm a hobbyist with a nice BP Series 1 with EZ Vision. Turned it on this week and the screen is screwed up. I've opened up the pendent and checked for loose connections, etc. I do not know how to shut down the program to check the Windows XP settings. The machine does not have internet access, so I seriously doubt it's a virus. See screen shot for details (black line down left side, plus the scrolling. Any thoughts/suggestions?

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EZ Vision Monitor issues-img_2470-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: EZ Vision Monitor issues

Hello, I am having the exact same problem with an Ez Vision as well. RacerJoe, did you fix the messed up screen? If so, I would greatly appreciate the help in solving. I'll let you know if I fix the one I am working on.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by rricup View Post
    Hello, I am having the exact same problem with an Ez Vision as well. RacerJoe, did you fix the messed up screen? If so, I would greatly appreciate the help in solving. I'll let you know if I fix the one I am working on.
    As a matter of fact I did fix it. The CMOS battery was dead and the BIOS got screwed up. It’s a very simple fix if you’re not afraid to take things apart. There’s a bunch of short Phillips screws on all four sides of the pendant that will let the front panel tilt forward. The battery is next to the CPU fan. It’s held down with double face tape and a simple connector. I bought the battery from Amazon. Here’s the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I forgot to mention, you need to keep everything powered OFF while doing this. After installing the new battery, put everything back together and turn the unit back ON. Pay close attention to the start up screen and hit the proper function key. It’s usually F8. You want to enter the BIOS settings screen. I don’t recall the exact setting but there was one prompt to to “restore original settings”. I chose that, hit SAVE and EXIT. Let it reboot and hopefully you will jumping up and down for joy like I was. Take a look at the attached pictures for reference and good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EZ Vision Monitor issues-img_2639-jpg   EZ Vision Monitor issues-img_2640-jpg  

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much!! I will get to opening the machine up in the upcoming week, and I greatly appreciate your help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to report that all went well with the fix and I appreciate your support. I got the battery on amazon, plugged right in, and jumped for joy. BTW to anyone else, you can check to see if a bios reset will fix your CNC by just going into bios (using del button) and loading defaults like RacerJoe described. The only problem with that check is that the fix will not stay on the cnc if you reboot, that's what the little battery is for! Thanks--- Ryan

Downloads
    Uploads

Just wanted to report that all went well with the fix and I appreciate your support. I got the battery on amazon, plugged right in, and jumped for joy. BTW to anyone else, you can check to see if a bios reset will fix your CNC by just going into bios (using del button) and loading defaults like RacerJoe described. The only problem with that check is that the fix will not stay on the cnc if you reboot, that's what the little battery is for! Thanks--- Ryan
    Congratulations! I know that feeling as I was really bumming about the monitor and it doesn’t seem like there is much documentation on EZ Vision to fall back on. Glad it worked out.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RacerJoe View Post
    Congratulations! I know that feeling as I was really bumming about the monitor and it doesn’t seem like there is much documentation on EZ Vision to fall back on. Glad it worked out.
    On a side note, may I ask what Cad Cam package you are working with? I’ve been using BobCAD and recently having problems with my post. I’m looking for other sample posts on this machine to see what works.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by RacerJoe View Post
    On a side note, may I ask what Cad Cam package you are working with? I’ve been using BobCAD and recently having problems with my post. I’m looking for other sample posts on this machine to see what works.
    RacerJoe, I personally use Fusion 360 for Cad/Cam, and it works great, and free! Also, Fusion's adaptive toolpaths are really good and time saving.
    I posted onto the Autodesk website the post processor: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-p...or/m-p/7529451
    I can pm you an example post if you want to work it out for yourself, and make yourself one for BobCAD.

-rricup

Downloads
    Uploads

RacerJoe, I personally use Fusion 360 for Cad/Cam, and it works great, and free! Also, Fusion's adaptive toolpaths are really good and time saving.
    I posted onto the Autodesk website the post processor: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/hsm-p...or/m-p/7529451
    I can pm you an example post if you want to work it out for yourself, and make yourself one for BobCAD.

-rricup
    That would be great! I’m looking for gcode that shows tool length offset as now that seems to be my stumbling block. Thank you in advance!