Problem Torq cut 22 axis move to far

Thread: Torq cut 22 axis move to far

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq cut 22 axis move to far

Hi I just recently picked up this machine did a USB conversion on it got everything working correctly the machine homes correctly tool changes etc.

When I go to run a program it gets through the first few lines to change to the correct tool and fires the spindle up. Then I receive this error

dpCom: commanded x axis move too far positive.

So I look at the code saying to get to x at 6.67" which with an x axis travel of 22" this shouldn't be a problem yet the machine gives me the error. I've tried doing some dry programs from previous owner and received the same results.

Is there something I'm missing in the setup stages?

Here is a picture of the error. Ignore the screen I'm in this is after several minutes of mashing through menus looking for something related to machine coordinatesthinking it may be possible it's trying to cut the program from the home position.

Also the garage I stuffed it in

Similar Threads:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq cut 22 axis move to far-20171207_213315-jpg   Torq cut 22 axis move to far-20171206_191344-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq cut 22 axis move to far

I had this happen before more notably in the Z axis and most often when I am previewing the program in the on-board simulator. I know this will sound weird, but just try jogging that tool to those coordinates or just past it on the x axis and try running the program again. Like you got to prove to the machine that it can indeed move that far. It works for me when I get that error every now and then.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

i got her figured out. my only experience with machines like these is an onsrud router so I had to remember steps i needed to take.

so the trick here was to set G54 at its home position then use g55 to tell it were the 'material' was and bam ran like a charm!

if the community is interested i can post up a procedure on how to operate this thing from loading programs to setting up the material location etc.
    this is an extremely impressive machine from the 90's. with proper programming i believe it could still be a competitive and useful machine in the shop

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tw1st3d View Post
    this is an extremely impressive machine from the 90's. with proper programming i believe it could still be a competitive and useful machine in the shop
    I like ours, but the rigidity on the Z axis is the week link in my opinion, and any 3D machining gives her a real work out and the spindle really screams at top end, but eventually it will get the job done. Rigid tapping and thread milling features and any 2D work out well for us.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by tw1st3d View Post
    i got her figured out. my only experience with machines like these is an onsrud router so I had to remember steps i needed to take.

so the trick here was to set G54 at its home position then use g55 to tell it were the 'material' was and bam ran like a charm!

if the community is interested i can post up a procedure on how to operate this thing from loading programs to setting up the material location etc.
    Sure, the instructions would be helpful for new buyers/users. And I completely agree. with the right care and a little cleanup these machines compete favorably with machines 4-10 times their price. they are a really good way to get into cnc.

Richard