Need Help! Bridgeport Series 1 Heidenhain TNC 145 M Codes Problem!

Thread: Bridgeport Series 1 Heidenhain TNC 145 M Codes Problem!

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Series 1 Heidenhain TNC 145 M Codes Problem!

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help?!

I have recently bought the above and had to swap the controller (a straight 145 to 145 swap) but when I run a program, the program will run until it gets to a line with a M code ie M03 to run the spindle.

It's at this point the program pauses and the little light flashes as though it is waiting for the spindle to be manually turned on!

I have tried removing the M03 and put a Stop M30 at the end of a program and it just waits when it gets to that line and won't do anything?!

I can move the table manually and using MDI as long as I don't put a M code at the end of a line. I can also turn the spindle on manually but not within a program.
    Any ideas greatly received (apart from burning the machine in the yard!)

Thanks,

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Lightbulb Re: Bridgeport Series 1 Heidenhain TNC 145 M Codes Problem!

What does it do if you use an M05
    Quote Originally Posted by raynr View Post
    Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help?!

I have recently bought the above and had to swap the controller (a straight 145 to 145 swap) but when I run a program, the program will run until it gets to a line with a M code ie M03 to run the spindle.

It's at this point the program pauses and the little light flashes as though it is waiting for the spindle to be manually turned on!

I have tried removing the M03 and put a Stop M30 at the end of a program and it just waits when it gets to that line and won't do anything?!

I can move the table manually and using MDI as long as I don't put a M code at the end of a line. I can also turn the spindle on manually but not within a program.
    Any ideas greatly received (apart from burning the machine in the yard!)

Thanks,

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Series 1 Heidenhain TNC 145 M Codes Problem!

Hi,

After getting an electronics wizard to take a look at it, it was one of the boards in the TNC control had a faulty chip. Chip replaced and problem sorted.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow you are lucky to get someone that is still willing to look at those old bords.