First post here. I recently bought a very nice BP Series 1 with an Anilam Crusader II controller (2-axis machine). I've run a number of programs using conversational programming, but would like to write/read to/from the controller. I've read through the Anilam manual, hit the Eastern Tennessee University web site, and done some other web searches for info. Couple of questions for anyone who has successfully dumped from and written to the Crusader II.

I read on the web that I should set the Anilam to 1200 baud, 7 data bits, 2 stop bits, even parity, Xon/Xoff flow control. Those parameters are set through the AUX commands. OK, first question. The ETSU site mentions going to MANUAL model, press AUX, and enter 2784 START to set the controller to 1200 baud. When I do that, it steps the program memory from step 1 to step 2. Did I actually set the controller to 1200 baud or not? Should I enter in MANUAL mode AUX 2784 EVENT ENTER instead? When I do the later, it seems to take the input, but there's no command I'm aware of to see what the controller is set to.

Second question (or third or fourth, haven't been keeping track). I have a laptop with Window 7 and bought a USB to RS232 cable with an FTDI chip that was advertised as being for an Anilam. I downloaded Hype!Terminal from the web for a software interface. Went into Device Manager in Windows and set the baud rate, stop bits, etc. to match the inputs I think were entered into the Anilam. Haven't tried this yet, so may answer my own question when I try tomorrow. At that point, from MANUAL mode, type AUIX 2700 START and I should be sending an ASCII file of the current Anilam memory to Hype!Terminal? Like I mentioned, haven't tried it yet as I just downloaded Hype!Terminal at work and am taking that laptop home for a tryout tomorrow.

Anyone have any experience using the free 2.5D CADCAM program Techne CADCAM? I downloaded it and drew a block, did a machine G-code dump which seemed to work OK though I'm more familiar with Anilam format than what I believe is called RS-274-D format. Decent program to use or is Fusion 360 a better package? My mill is just 2-axis, so figured Techne CADCAM would work for me since as it was explained to me, the 2.5D is a manual adjustment in Z.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

Bruce