Bridgeport series 1 interact 2

Thread: Bridgeport series 1 interact 2

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport series 1 interact 2

Hi, I'm looking at moving some of our cnc milling needs inhouse, I'm currently looking at purchasing a rather cheap Bridgeport interact for small production runs.
    However, I can't find conclusive information that these machines will handle our files.
    Most of the stuff we make consists of 20,000 lines of g code on 3 axis with lots of XY arcs. I'm used to just sending these files out to be made on newish HAAS. However for use on these machines I understand we are required to convert this g code to conversational code, which is easy apparently.
    But then this is where I get confused, assuming the Bridgeport is setup toolwise, once the file is converted and loaded onto the machine via serial cable, will the Bridgeport be able to accept the file without issues? I struggle to understand that a 20+ year only machine will cope, but I'm happy to be wrong.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport series 1 interact 2

This will depend on what controller is fitted, I am assuming it will Heidenhain, I am not sure what the change over was but I believe anything after a TNC 151 can be dripfed so length of file
    should not be a problem, Heidenhain controls in general are capable of working with their own language which is simpler to use or G code, Heidenhain refer to it as ISO. There should be
    a key on the keyboard designated "MOD" which changes the language over. Hope that helps. Dave

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes Heidenhaim controller, the TNC 151 does appear to be the most popular around here followed by the TNC 2500. So the TNC 2500 is the way to go for dripfeeding? If the machine can cope with large files then great, I can through more at it.
    I'm not to bothered about used their own code, most of the parts contain complex curves and lots of text, so it appears to be much easier to use CAD, of which I'm more familiar with, so designing, plotting toolpaths and converting the file on Fusion360 is the way I would work it.

Downloads
    Uploads

I am not sure about the Heidenhain timeline, I believe the TNC 150 could in principal at least be drip fed but anything before that is a definite no no. There is free DNC software that works well from the Heidenhain web site.
    Most Cam software will have a post that will output in Heidenhain's own language (I believe) as well as Heidehain's version of Gcode (ISO).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I can't seem to follow the Heidenhain timeline, I will search each individually, it needs to have rs232 serial, can't go back to floppy after all these years. And I'll have a look at that software.
    I know Fusion360 will save the g code in Heidenhains language. Although I have read a lot about needing to edit the post processor.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

hi there. if you have no problem to convert to conversational, the only problem i can see is the very small memory. you will need to dripfeed with rs232. i have never tried that, but heidenhain uk
    is usually very helpful with the settings. changing parameters is easy and straight forward, and you can set the control to accept iso programs. (g code and m functions).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heidenhain appear to have a lot of support for dripfeeding and this is the route I'll take to somewhat future-proof the setup

What do you guys consider to be your favourite dripfeeding software?

Downloads
    Uploads

Heidenhain's own DNC works well and is free and also comes with diagrams showing how to wire the RS232 connectors, there are a lot of variations. Hiedenhain manuals covering programming
    and installation are also freely available as well as easily understood explanations of the parameters and how to change them. They are very well documented compared to other cnc systems of that era.