Bridgeport torq cut floppy eliminator

Thread: Bridgeport torq cut floppy eliminator

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport torq cut floppy eliminator

I'am buying a Bridgeport torq cut 1997 with DX32. With 50 years of machining never had a CNC. So dumb questions to follow.
    So if I replace the floppy with a USB like a Gotek Emulator I can use Fusion 360 CAM, save to thumb drive, pop in mill and that is it? Or am I dreaming?

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport torq cut floppy eliminator

Quote Originally Posted by laketool View Post
    I'am buying a Bridgeport torq cut 1997 with DX32. With 50 years of machining never had a CNC. So dumb questions to follow.
    So if I replace the floppy with a USB like a Gotek Emulator I can use Fusion 360 CAM, save to thumb drive, pop in mill and that is it? Or am I dreaming?
    The floppy emulator will work fine. Most simply chop up your USB drive into 99 virtual 1.44 meg "floppies". On my TC3 I snaked a USB cable through the arm which gave me native USB support. I used that for a while but later added Ethernet which allows me to transfer files using FTP. You have a lot of options. See this thread for more details: New (to me) VMC

I have a fairly well proven post for Fusion 360.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bridge...t-dx-32-a.html

Here is the link to the latest:
    http://home.lewiscounty.com/~forhire/posts/

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the help, great folks on this site!

Downloads
    Uploads

While I have a TC22, I have not installed the USB Emulator.yet.
    However, I did install a GoTek USB Floppy emulator on an Omniturn control (PC Based) and it worked well.
    There is better software than what comes with the GoTek. Check out my YouTube channel martyscncgarage Here is a link to the video in question there is a link in the description to another user that provided the great info on the GoTek software, how to use it etc.
    I hope it helps or at least gives you some ideas....

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Torq cut with a GoTek floppy emulator. Best thing I have done for my mill! Floppies were so unreliable. One time it would read just fine and the next time it would say the file was corrupted. There are a couple different type of GoTeks. Mine reads the thumb drive as a single floppy. There is also a model with a LCD display that will divide the thumb dive into 99 different disks. It will then let you select which "disk" to load. You do have to install the GoTec software onto your computer and format the Thumb drive for the GoTec. Let me know if you need any help.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Zane, I need help! My plan of buying the Torq cut has been dashed! It was on an auction and at the last minute a guy bids it way up, then I find out he bought it to stick it in a warehouse and probably never use it!! I would have given it a wonderful home! I even cleaned out the back of the shop, and I never clean out my shop! I even made rollers to move it back there! So can you give me a pat on the back and tell me I will be OK. And tell me all about your machine? Thanks

Downloads
    Uploads

Zane, I need help! My plan of buying the Torq cut has been dashed! It was on an auction and at the last minute a guy bids it way up, then I find out he bought it to stick it in a warehouse and probably never use it!! I would have given it a wonderful home! I even cleaned out the back of the shop, and I never clean out my shop! I even made rollers to move it back there! So can you give me a pat on the back and tell me I will be OK. And tell me all about your machine? Thanks
    That sucks. What did it end up going for? Local auction or ebay?
    They do come up fairly frequently. Perhaps you will find another. Where are you located?
    Marty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'am near the Twin Cities, the last two went for 2 and 3 thousand but this one that I really wanted went for 4. And as you know transportation auction fees and hooking it up and tooling adds a lot more. I guess I would like a T-C is because I can wire it single phase and Bridgeport is a great name.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

If you can get one for $4000 that is a steel in most markets! I've seen working units on the market for 20! I paid $6000 for mine a couple years ago with a bunch of tooling and a very handy Midaco pallet changer. I probably could sell the pallet changer alone for what I paid. Good luck on the hunt to buy one!

Anyone know what software is needed to use the Gotek emulator?

Downloads
    Uploads

We actually updated the windows version that out Torq Cut 22 runs off of in order get networking support. We just go into DOS, run windows, and the machine connects to a server that has a shares a folder with the machine.

Downloads
    Uploads

Default How to connect by TCP Torqcut

Quote Originally Posted by jgwentworth96 View Post
    We actually updated the windows version that out Torq Cut 22 runs off of in order get networking support. We just go into DOS, run windows, and the machine connects to a server that has a shares a folder with the machine.
    Hi my friend, how did you do that? could you explain more about the procedure? regards.

Downloads
    Uploads

Marty did you ever install the gotek? I'm trying on mine but not having much luck making images it will read...

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    Marty did you ever install the gotek? I'm trying on mine but not having much luck making images it will read...
    ...I see this is an old thread.

If you have a RS232 Comm port on your CNC would be another option to transfer/store programs, etc.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    I did not, but it will work.
    The software formats the USB like a bunch of 1.44 drives.
    I sold the mill and am now running an Atrump with Centroid control