Torq Cut 22 - Sound Check

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torq Cut 22 - Sound Check

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq Cut 22 - Sound Check

I created a video of my new to me Bridgeport Torq Cut 22. I was hoping those with TC22's would give it a watch and listen to the spindle as I run it through the speed ranges up to 6K RPM and rapid jog the axis to see how they compare to your machines. My spindle has the transmission on it. I believe max RPM with the transmission is 6K RPM. Also, I noted the spindle speed seems to be over ridden to 125% but I can't seem to figure out how to get it back down to 100%. I am not completely familiar with the control. Just noticed this today.

Thanks in advance for the listen and opinions.

Marty

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut 22 - Sound Check

Just made one of my machine Marty, Working on getting it uploaded now...

Your X axis rapid sounds like mine...

To change the % of speed you turn the % pot on the control panel. You can make speed changes while running a program using that pot and it will go up to 200% and down to 50% on mine. In the Video I have mine turned to 100%.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_Watkins View Post
    Just made one of my machine Marty, Working on getting it uploaded now...

Your X axis rapid sounds like mine...

To change the % of speed you turn the % pot on the control panel. You can make speed changes while running a program using that pot and it will go up to 200% and down to 50% on mine. In the Video I have mine turned to 100%.
    Well, its either good that both of our X axis sound the same or we both have the same problem if its not normal! :-)
    I thought that too. BUT the pot on the control panel has no effect on the spindle speed change. It seems fixed at 125%. Maybe someone in the know will chime in....

Downloads
    Uploads

Also are you sure oif the top speed of yours? Mine has a transmission and goes up to 7500.

Downloads
    Uploads

Also are you sure oif the top speed of yours? Mine has a transmission and goes up to 7500.
    Steve, when I entered S6000 rpm, I believe it was spinning at 7500rpm because it was over ridden by 125%. It was maxed. So entering S7000 or S7500 had no effect on spindle speed. I need to figure out why my spindle override is on at 125%

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

OK it's up...

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks Steve!
    Now if we can get either MACTEC or another TC22/30 user to validate that our machines are pretty normal, that would be great.
    I am perplexed as to why my spindle speed over-ride pot is not working....seems to be fixed at 125%

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have the drawings to track down the wiring?

Edit I looked in mine and found the section...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Torq Cut 22 - Sound Check-20171016_234155_resized-jpg  
    Last edited by Steve_Watkins; 10-17-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads

Looking through my manual I see many options for machine configurations in the Troubleshooting section and parameters. One of the sections is for 6000 rpm spindles. Does yours have a Parvex spindle motor?

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Marty, glad to see you got your mill up and running. Are you running it off of 220V Single phase? I am considering moving mine to my home garage soon so I can have easier access to it and I would like to make sure someone else got theirs to run fine on the single phase. About your spindle sound, both the videos sound like mine. Very high pitch at higher speeds. I am willing to bet your spindle speed override pot has gone bad. should be easy to switch out.

Now about the rapids. Mine sounded like both yours and Steves. Y axis sounds smooth and quiet while the X had that weird buzzing sound. I recently rebuilt the x axis ball screw with no difference in sound. While doing that I opened up the X ballscrew bearings and the grease in both were hard and dry, the color of rust. Some online vendors wanted $1500 for a single bearing! and ebay was no better than $500 each. Not willing to spend that much at the moment I found several suppliers on Alibaba.com that were willing to sell them for around $70 each plus shipping. Granted they are Chinese bearings but so far they are running great. The x axis sounds far smoother than the Y now. I wish I would have purchased bearings to do the Y and Z as well. If either of you would like help getting the right bearings, just DM me. I'd be happy to help. If either of you wouldn't mind answering in my thread I created a couple weeks ago about comparing some parameters I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post
    Hey Marty, glad to see you got your mill up and running. Are you running it off of 220V Single phase? I am considering moving mine to my home garage soon so I can have easier access to it and I would like to make sure someone else got theirs to run fine on the single phase. About your spindle sound, both the videos sound like mine. Very high pitch at higher speeds. I am willing to bet your spindle speed override pot has gone bad. should be easy to switch out.

Now about the rapids. Mine sounded like both yours and Steves. Y axis sounds smooth and quiet while the X had that weird buzzing sound. I recently rebuilt the x axis ball screw with no difference in sound. While doing that I opened up the X ballscrew bearings and the grease in both were hard and dry, the color of rust. Some online vendors wanted $1500 for a single bearing! and ebay was no better than $500 each. Not willing to spend that much at the moment I found several suppliers on Alibaba.com that were willing to sell them for around $70 each plus shipping. Granted they are Chinese bearings but so far they are running great. The x axis sounds far smoother than the Y now. I wish I would have purchased bearings to do the Y and Z as well. If either of you would like help getting the right bearings, just DM me. I'd be happy to help. If either of you wouldn't mind answering in my thread I created a couple weeks ago about comparing some parameters I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
    Hi Zane,
    What you saying is your X axis thrust bearings were bad and causing the noise? Not the trucks on the linear rails? Do you have the part number for the thrust bearings?

You also concur with the whiny spindle noise as being normal to your machine?

Yes, I converted my machine to run single phase. There is a thread in this forum on how to do it. Make sure your transformers are tapped for 240V. Mine was 208 and popped some TVS Diodes I had to replace when I connected it to my home 240V supply. Glad thats ALL that happend to me. Had to replace them on one or two servo amps and the break out board.

I'm happy to either send you my machine files or walk through my machine parameter settings over the phone or take pictures of the screens for you. I think Steve would do the same. It would be interesting to see if there is any difference.

I'll see if I have schematics for my machine and check the potentiomenter, assuming it is the only thing that can over ride the spindle speed?

MACTEC, you out there? :-)

Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Do you have the drawings to track down the wiring?

Edit I looked in mine and found the section...
    Thanks Steve,
    I will look through my drawings to see if mine matches yours.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure I have the Parvex servo motor on the Z axis. My Z axis servo amp is larger than X/Y

Marty

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes, I concur on the spindle noise. Sounds just like mine.

The ballscrew bearing is ZKLE 2575.2RS. It is a duplex bearing so there is just one on each end of the ballscrew. Let me know if you want help sourcing them cheaply. The lineal rails get a constant supply of oil if everything is working properly and should stay in good shape for a long time. This bearing though seems to get a lot of corrosion on it. The Y axis bearing is better protected than the X. They do have a threaded plug that can be pulled and a grease zerk threaded in so they can be freshened up. Mine were too far gone to save.

I would appriciate comparing those parameters with you. I know the previous owner changed some and it has made my machine bump very hard and throw error codes especially when I run HSM type g code. I have played with them some and have significantly improved it but I would love to verify how others are set up. I'll see if I can put my parameters together in a format that is easy to share.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by zane View Post
    Yes, I concur on the spindle noise. Sounds just like mine.

The ballscrew bearing is ZKLE 2575.2RS. It is a duplex bearing so there is just one on each end of the ballscrew. Let me know if you want help sourcing them cheaply. The lineal rails get a constant supply of oil if everything is working properly and should stay in good shape for a long time. This bearing though seems to get a lot of corrosion on it. The Y axis bearing is better protected than the X. They do have a threaded plug that can be pulled and a grease zerk threaded in so they can be freshened up. Mine were too far gone to save.

I would appriciate comparing those parameters with you. I know the previous owner changed some and it has made my machine bump very hard and throw error codes especially when I run HSM type g code. I have played with them some and have significantly improved it but I would love to verify how others are set up. I'll see if I can put my parameters together in a format that is easy to share.
    Are you sure it is ZKLE 2575 2RS and not ZKLF 2575 2RS
    I don't find anything on ZKLE

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

You are correct. The correct number is ZKLF 2575.2RS A bit of corrosion on my old bearing made it look like an E. At least I got it right when I ordered bearings!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hey Marty... if you end up ordering those bearings, let me know... maybe we can get a deal on a larger number of them...

Also, if you come down you are welcome to play with my torq-cut. I need to run some parts off anyway... was going to do it last weekend but I had the wrong stock,

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    Hey Marty... if you end up ordering those bearings, let me know... maybe we can get a deal on a larger number of them...

Also, if you come down you are welcome to play with my torq-cut. I need to run some parts off anyway... was going to do it last weekend but I had the wrong stock,

Richard
    Thanks for the offer Richard! I will see about bearings and let you know.
    How does your machine sound compared to ours?
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Marty_Escarcega View Post
    Thanks for the offer Richard! I will see about bearings and let you know.
    How does your machine sound compared to ours?
    Marty
    I think my spindle is quieter, but I have the high speed 8k rpm spindle (no gearbox). My table sounds the same... x more noisy than y.

Richard

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by DarkStarMedia View Post
    I think my spindle is quieter, but I have the high speed 8k rpm spindle (no gearbox). My table sounds the same... x more noisy than y.

Richard
    Yes, the machines without the transmission are quieter.
    I wished MACTEC would chime in on his opinion on the sounds.
    It might well be that the X axis noise is fairly normal.

Thanks Richard! If I get down Tucson way I will look you up.
    Marty

Downloads
    Uploads

Just as an update... I am highly considering pulling my z axis and doing a refresh. I had a bit of an accident (tossed a part via a facemill) and I now have a bit of a tick in my spindle at higher rpms. I was running it a bit and I think my axis are a bit louder than your guys. I got some estimates on rebuilding the ballscrews and they were in the $1-2k each range. I might just try to do end bearings because I have noise but no real backlash.

Richard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast