Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch

Thread: Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch

Default Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch

I have an Interact 412 that is acting like the upper Z limit switch is stuck closed. I am not certain where the limit switch is located in order to check it out.
    Any help in pointing me to it would be appreciated.

Kevin

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch

It's right below the light on the right side of the head.

Last edited by RMARCH; 07-26-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Thanks for the help. I removed the front cover to get a better look at that area behind the light. Is the switch the item pointed out by the yellow arrow, or is it located closer to the red arrow.

This is a new install and it needs cleaned real bad, I am also open to suggestions on what will clean this thick oil off.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch-img_20170726_101512308-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Look under the light the switch is mounted on the head.Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch-z-limit-switch-jpg

Put 2 fingers behind the limit switch and you will feel the 2 posts , push them in and let them come back out.
    You may have to lube them up a bit.

Downloads
    Uploads

I have found if the machine sits for a while like when i go on vacation they sometimes stick.

Thanks for the help! It was hiding in plain sight I will clean it up and see if that helps.

The switch contacts were sticky and after cleaning them up, all three plungers are operating smoothly but unfortunately I am still having the same issue. I wanted to include a screen shot here.

The Z axis thinks it is at 16" but in reality it is physically closer to 5". Does this help shed any light on why I continue to get a Z axis over travel alarm? Do I possibly have some setting out of whack?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bridgeport Interact 412 Upper Z Limit Switch-img_20170726_162426380-jpg