Bridgeport Z axis screw dimensions/drawing

Thread: Bridgeport Z axis screw dimensions/drawing

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Bridgeport Z axis screw dimensions/drawing

Hi all,

Does anyone happen to have a drawing with the dimensions for the Z axis screw for a Bridgeport series one? I've converted the machine to CNC, the X & Y are already ball screws and now I also want to upgrade to a ball screw on the z axis.

Thanks

Similar Threads:

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Bridgeport Z axis screw dimensions/drawing

May I ask if your going to power the Z as the knee of the mill if not and your intend is to manualy lift the knee with the ballscrew then you will have to lock it everytime you move as it will drift

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes the knee is the powered Z axis. I'm only able to get about 400mm a min at the moment. I'm going to put 2x 1000N gas struts on it to help offset the weight, but I would also like to reduce all the friction that the standard brass feed nut has (plus the brass nut is completely worn out).

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Well I'm just in the middle of finishing my moog (bridgeport) mill had setup with dc motors 1100 oz with viper drives with 3:1 ratio and could not move the knee, now changed everythink to ac brushless DMM motors and drives with 2:1 and did a test with the setup software basically it ran the knee up so fast that it caught me off guard. I'll take a small video and try to post for you to see. I'm going to leave evrything as is, but I did look into changing the acme to ballscrew before but in my cast it works great.