Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..

Thread: Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..

I'm trying to see if my MP11 probe is working.. I have the manual that shows the pinouts of the connector mounted to the head. Problem is the connector on my unit is rotated and instead of having the pins in a square shape, as shown in the diagrams, they are diamond shape as you look at the connector.. Because I can find no pictures or drawings of the connector , with the locator tab, I can't tell if it is rotated to the left or right. I don't want to blow this up by just throwing the power to it and the connectors on my tc 22 are not wired right for this probe so I can't just plug it in.

Thanks for any help!

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..

Just now checked the cable and found all wires were good. the cable is wired in a different manner than the TC 22 needs. On the machine there is a socket that has a middle pin connected while on the cord end the middle pin is missing and not connected according to the the tracing I just did.

I did a drawing of the connectors. in the picture the 4 pin connector is on the right. Notice how I drew in a half moon shape metal locator. The pins are drawn in position relative to that locator.

In the probe drawing it shows the 4 pins in a square shape. On my probe the pins are rotated so that it now makes a diamond shape.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..-20170818_134958_resized-jpg   Need a picture of a Renishaw MP11 connector..-20170818_134952_resized-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

I was also wondering if anyone has a link for the insertion tool to work on the connectors on the machine? I found the connectors on Mouser and have ordered a pair but I could not find the tool to insert or remove the pins...

Downloads
    Uploads

The pin size and style dictates the tool.

I have one like this and it works ok.
    91067-2 TE Connectivity / Buchanan | Mouser

This one more expensive but covers more sizes/styles.
    91285-1 TE Connectivity | Mouser

Page 9 has a good diagram of the tools.
    https://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/TE_CPC_AS.PDF

This one may help you narrow down even more.
    http://www.mouser.com/pdfdocs/CPC-Catalog.pdf