Need Help! Ball screw removal TC22 help

Thread: Ball screw removal TC22 help

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ball screw removal TC22 help

Any suggestions on removing the X axis screw? The wipers have come off the nut and the screw is very tight to turn. It looks like the table might have to be removed to get it out.

I have searched with no luck on how this should be done.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Ball screw removal TC22 help

I thought I would show what it took to remove the X axis ball screw from a Torq Cut 22. Remove all covers on both ends of the table. Then remove pulley, thrust bearings and bearing block on left end. Next you will need to remove the six bolts holding the ball nut to the table. They are accessed by pushing the table to the far right. Then using a long hex bit reach through to the cap screws. You might need to move the screw to the far left side, this gives more clearance to work.

Ball screw removal TC22 help-bolt-holes-jpg

After the bolts are out you nee to remove the oil line to the ball nut. I forgot to take a picture of that process. This picture shows where I was able to access it for removal. I used a 3/8" crow foot through the front of the table. It is going to be difficult to reinstall this line, more on that later.

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170603_090213-jpg

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170603_090203-jpg

After the oil line is loose push table to left side of the travel. You will need to run the screw to the left side also. Your goal is the get the screw in the position shown. The ball nut has a flat on it, this needs to rotated up so you can get the most angle on the screw. I had to use a half round file the put a small recces in the castings. I tried everything before resorting to this.

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180205-jpg

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180138-jpg

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180341-jpg

Once you get the nut to this point you will need to rotate the flat down to clear the casting.
    Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180428-jpg

Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180440-jpg

This show why I removed the screw. The left side wiper is broke.
    Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180534-jpg

It is just under 40" long. It cost about $45 to ship to Rand Industries.
    Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170526_080619-jpg

While in there I am replacing the meters for the oil lines. This junction block on the left is what came out of the machine. It is heavily corroded, it will be replaced with the one I made.
    Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170528_125835-jpgBall screw removal TC22 help-20170526_191457-jpg

I will post an update on the installation.

I anyone knows the specs on tightening the thrust bearing nuts I would appreciate that procedure. Also any ideas on hooking up the oil line would be helpful.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ball screw removal TC22 help-20170525_180131-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice series of photos. I'm sure we will all need to address similar issues someday. Thank you. I await the installation photos.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish this thread was hear when I had to replace the oiling metering orifices that were plugged. I couldn't figure out how to get the table all the way over out of the way.

Any updates on the installation would be appreciated. I don't think I torqued my ball screw enough so there is some extra backlash now.

Thanks

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

I found on page 62-5124 of the maintenance manual it give the procedure and torque specs to lock down the ball screw bearings. PM me if you don't have it.