Torq Cut 30 Engraving

Thread: Torq Cut 30 Engraving

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Torq Cut 30 Engraving

I have a capability question about the Bridgeport Torq Cut 30 with DX32 controller. I need to engrave text and logos from .pdf files onto cylinders. Does this machine have engraving capability and if so, can it incorporate the 4th, rotary, axis into the engraving.
    The machine is local and cheap. Does anyone have any experience and advise about this machine. I'm pretty new to CNC, done tool and die work 30 years ago when DRO was cutting edge technology. I changed to a completely different profession and now just learning my Bridgeport EZ Path lathe as a retirement hobby. I thought the Torq Cut would be a compatible addition. Any experience from the pros would be appreciated.

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Torq Cut 30 Engraving

For engraving you may want a higher speed spindle. Depending on your engravings the 256KB memory limit may require you to DNC (drip feed). Unless upgraded to USB the floppy disk disk may be an issue.

Some of the machines came equipped with a 4th axis. A while back I inquired about adding a 4th axis on my TC3, I didn't get a single reply. The control is capable of adding the 4th axis but you'd still need the drive, wiring harness, and rotary axis. My thought would be that if the machine is already 4th axis equipped then it would work, otherwise I'd pass. I haven't had any luck scrounging up the bits to enable the 4th axis on my TC3. I have an indexer I can pulse and that works for my needs.

Here is an old thread on the subject.
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/bridge...-torq-cut.html

If you want to read about my machine upgrades most of it is in this longish thread:
    New (to me) VMC