what goes up... never comes down: intract 1 Mk2 Z- limit error

Thread: what goes up... never comes down: intract 1 Mk2 Z- limit error

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default what goes up... never comes down: intract 1 Mk2 Z- limit error

Hello Fellow CNCZoners..

now i'm not normally someone who cant work thing out.. but this one has got me stumped.. and i've had this issue for a couple of weeks and I've not cracked it..

what the problem is that once i've homed the machine on start up.. i cant get the Z to move down.. it just keeps telling me its on the stop...Z- limit..

now physically undoing the stop makes no difference.. you get the same error.. and also changing the softlimits also has no effect.. and i've played about as i say for days now...

so the things to know are this..

when you power the machine on, and then do a MOD 84159, disabling the soft limits you can Jog the Z up and down all day.. happy as a clam... but as soon as you reference them, its stumped.. always on the Z- Limit..

trying to do a Move in MDI does not produce any movement.. nothing.. nada.. zip..

now the drive is enabled.. (the enable relay is in) and as i say you can handwheel it in the + direction.. but no -...

so ... any ideas..

????

here are a few images just to mostly show off the innards of one very clean machine.. sorry for the shy types who dont like to see wires uncovered in the panel.. ive been tracing things during my faultfinding..

ive done thigns like look at the fuses.. and the voltages.. there is noise on the 24 volt supply, but the X and Y work just fine.. both in manual and single step.. it's just something with the Z...