Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720

Thread: Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720

Hello,

I have been refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720 and found 3 broken tool holders and 3 broken spring tool fingers, and was wanting to know if any one has any used parts for sale, or source for new ones.

Want List:
    3 - BP 22381086 Spring tool finger
    3 - BP 22381071 Tool holder (BT40)

Thanks,
    Bryan

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720

Update,

Here is a picture showing the broken parts.

Thanks, Bryan

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720-p1000820a-custom-jpg  

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Refurbishing my 1989 Bridgeport interact 720

Update,

I may have found out how the ATC fingers were broken. I was testing the ATC, having it load a 5/8 end mill and then put it back and then load a 3" facing cutter. I had ran this programs about 4 times changing the spindle speed each time. It was working fine, then on loading facing tool it jammed about 3/4 of the way into the spindle. It looked like maybe the weight of the tool had it tipped at a slight angle downwards. (The sharp end pointing a little bit away from the spindle)

I stopped the program, and tapped the tool holder with a 2x4 and it snapped into the holder and then I restarted the program, and it finish.

Questions:

1. What is the right thing to do, to resolve a tool holder jam like this? Is there a way to step backwards a step, in this case stopping the upwards pressure on the tool holder?

2. Could this be caused by a lose chains in the ATC letting the fingers dangle a bit? If so, is there a way to tighten the chains?

Thanks, Bryan