A few years back, I wrote a utility to automate creating translation and rotation code. It has been very useful to me, and would like to share it with the community.

For me, the primary purpose for this is for when you have a secondary operation setup by hand and you need to make you program code line up with the part as its setup in the machine. Normally, parts are setup in a fixture that ensures they are oriented a known way, so the program code will create cuts that are correctly located. If you have a one off part, or something that is not practical to fixture, you can locate some features on the existing part and use that information to create translate and rotate code to make the program code operate properly.

The program will take a datum point and another reference point or it will take a datum point and a rotation angle to calculate the proper translate and rotate code. The code is created in a window that can be copied from and pasted into your program file.

I would appreciate any feedback or just a note letting me know if you find it helpful. I realize some more documentation or explanation is probably in order, but I want to see how people interact with it first.

I have the complete source code available, but I will link directly to the compiled executable. It is a standalone executable, so, there is no install, or supporting files.

https://github.com/BrianHumlicek/Par...artAligner.exe

Brian